“Wonderful accomadations”
other travellers have booked this property
2 Bedroom - Kitchen 2 Bedroom Livingroom-3
2 Bedroom-1
2 Bedroom-2
2 Bedroom Bathroom
Kitchen
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

globescie...
Marlton, New Jersey
“Wonderful accomadations”
Reviewed 12 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016

I recently stayed 4 nights at Stanhope cottages with 3 other family members. We really enjoyed our stay. The cabin was very clean and provided everything we needed in the kitchen. Jenny and Luke were extremely friendly and helpful, asking if we needed anything from town and letting us use their washer and dryer when the other laundry facilities were being used. We walked to the beach from the cabin, about 5 minutes. I would definitely stay here again.

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
8 Aug 2016
We are glad to learn you enjoy staying in our cottages. Recent years we always received more and more international guests from different countries. We are working so diligently that we can make our cottages in their homes.
Margie M
“A great cottage with lovely hosts!”
Reviewed 8 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Stanhope Cottages provided great accommodation for myself and two friends. The unit was very comfortable and well equipped with everything we needed. Jenny and Luk, our hosts, went out of their way to make us feel welcome and at home. It was just a short walk to a lovely wide sandy beach that was never crowded. Because Stanhope is centrally located, we could easily drive to Charlottetown in 20 minutes or over to Canvindish in about 25 minutes. We found the cottage very quiet although there was a lovely playground for children on site a little way from our unit. It seemed to be the perfect place for both families and adult travelers like ourselves.

Liked best: Location and hospitality
Liked least: That we had to come home!
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
23 Aug 2016
It is our great pleasure to have you stay in our cottages!
Anna C
“Good base for beach trips”
Reviewed 5 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Close to beaches in the Natnl Park - the loaner car pass was great! 10-15 min walk from Stanhope Beach (unsupervised part). Dirt road leading in was a bit rough. Cottage was very well kept up, equipped and comfortable.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: close to beaches
Liked least: mosquitos
Travelling group: Young Children
6 Jul 2016
There are several pathways and roads to direct guests to enter our cottages. half of one pathway are shared by many cottages owners and we repaired it two years ago, but unfortunately it gets rough again. We are working hard to apply for funds to get better repair. Thank you for enjoying in our cottages with a lot of fun time.
Johncook5...
Montrea,l Canada
“Stanhope Thanksgiving Holiday”
Reviewed 20 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014

We did a lot of research to find a cottage to rent in or around Stanhope,most are closed up for the season by the end of August..These cottages were available Thanksgiving long week end . Months in advance the dates were fixed and we were expected around 3;30pm.after 12hrs of driving we arrived at 4;00 but no one was home,there was a note on the door to phone this number assuming that my out of province cell phone would work or that long distance charges would not apply..So I phone the number,no answer,hmnn..then I spotted a handyman working on the roof,I asked if he might be holding a key for us? no,he said.hmnn I thought. by this time my wife and the other couple are having serious doubts about the choice I had made,me too! I yelled up to roof, can you get someone on the phone for me or Im going to go back to Charlottetown and find somewhere to sleep..Just a min he said as he climbed down the ladder and phoned the owner.finally ,she said the key was on the table in cottage 2, Ok.. which one is cottage 2, I asked the roof guy? he said, I dont know. thanks just look around I guess? anyway,I found it ,as if the drive from Montreal wasnt long enough,the excitement of arriving had by this time , long worn off and patience thin..WIFI didnt work, oh well ,were we disappointed? We were only there for 3 nights..these cottages are duplex units,no indication on the web site,oh well..both bed rooms were really small and so are the beds.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: the arm chair in the living room
Liked least: its too small for 4 adults
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Families with young children People with pets
13 May 2016
As president of the Stanhope Cottage, I apologize for this guest's frustration to get to our cottage. I investigated this unusual occurrence and learned that the employee on duty on the day rushed to drive her friend to hospital owing to emergency accident. our employee contacted this guest prior to his arrival to explain and told cottage # 2 was open and key was left inside and she will be back soon. It was last week prior to our seasonal closure in October, so we had only one employee to work there at the moment. After the employee came back cottage soon and expressed her sincere apology. Meanwhile, the employee reported to me to request for being forgiven for spending 2 hours in hospital. To demonstrate our sincere regret and apology owing to inconsiderate of guests, we prepared a special delicious meals for all of the four adult guests ( two families in the unit) next day. The guest expressed its appreciation and we also expressed our apology for it again. Since then, I asked our employees should be very considerate of guests to ensure best service. We thank and listen to the guests' suggestions. We also immediately improve high speed WiFi by installing brand-new equipment to ensure guest's satisfaction.
TorontoSu...
toronto
“Nice cottage that could use some fixin' up.”
Reviewed 6 September 2014 for a stay in August 2014

We stayed for a week during shoulder season in cottage #5. The price was very reasonable so that's why I choose this property. The booking was easy via emails. It's pretty much like the pictures on website. The dirt road to the cottages is pretty bad - lots of dips and holes. Be careful.

We had 2 bedrooms - a little on the tight side and bathroom is in need of some fixing.
The living area issmall but we didnt feel cramped. The kitchen is not well stocked so you may have to bring some things. The faucet in the kitchen needed fixing and I did mention it to the operators. Not much counter space.

The washing machine broke during the middle of our stay so that was a drag but the owners were trying to get it fixed with their service people. The washing machine stopped working while I was doing my wash and the owners allowed me to use their machine to finish my load.

They need to clean up their communal garbage area - flies and maggots everywhere but it's not near the cottages.

I think the owners are trying hard to keep the cottages maintained but I think they need to contract professional housekeeping staff. It could be cleaner.

The sense I got from this property was that the owners were trying to save money here and there and not really putting in the extra effort to make it a memorable place where people want to return. For example, when we first checked into the cottage, I noticed there were lots of fruit flies milling around the garbage container. I opened the lid and noticed it was because they reused the dirty bags for the compost, waste and recycle compartments. They just emptied out the contents and not changed the lining bags. Also, they left the previous occupants used sponge for us to use in the kitchen. In the bathroom, the shampoo bottle was half used already. Things like that tell me, this ain't a classy joint.

I dont want to sound like an ingrate - we did enjoy our stay in PEI and the cottage didn't dampen our holiday but small things could make it more memorable.

We were given a national park pass to use and that was helpful as the cottage is quite close to one of the entrance to PEI National Park.

There is a little sand pit and playground for little kids.

Wi-fi was unreliable; very spotty and SLOW.

The owners are friendly and do want to help you if you have a problem. Bless 'em.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Quiet area; close to national park and close to walking trails
Travelling group: Young Children
13 May 2016
Thank you very much for comments and suggestions, The issues were solved in 2015 summer
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing