All reviews the pub summer wine for sunday lunch previous landlord booking taxis tv show local walks evening meal cooked perfectly selection of beers excellent quality holmfirth area lovely food twin room fish and chips well worth a visit beautiful location
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here overnight with my husband in 1 room and my friend who is seriously ill in another. My friend had Room 5 which is up some very steep stairs but is a nice family room with a double and a single.

Check out was 10am and she needed some assistance downstairs from me to pay in the bar. This was fine and we went to our car to leave when we realised we had left a pillow that my friend brought with her so i went back to the room to retrieve it. An older lady came with the room key and it was clear from breakfast that she was rushing to get all the rooms tidied, breakfast finished, etc. So i mentioned that i needed to pick up the pillow and she opened the door to room 5 and said "oh no, she could have slept in the single bed rather than the double bed" (meaning it would have been quicker to change). I replied "well she probably wanted to sleep in the bigger bed seeing as she is very ill!. My friend is terminally ill and i found her attitude disgusting as she replied saying "well i have been in hospital recently too" to which i just left the room in total disbelief in her attitude.

This lady knew my friend was very ill prior to this aswell because she asked me and my husband if she was coming down for breakfast as "we finish at 9am" and it was 8.45am.

Disgusting.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank SarahWhitham
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

We used the White Horse as a overnight stay when visiting the Picturedrome for a gig, it is ideal for this.
Nice B&B, we were served a nice meal and breakfast.
Would be ideal for fans of Last of the summer wine and is situated in a picturesque area.
River runs besides the accommodation.
Helpful staff, booking taxis etc.
All good

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank hannantmrpaulh
Reviewed 8 October 2017

No wardrobes, no coat hooks, only one dirty chair, plus no escape from second story until 8;30 am when doors were unlocked, a potential death trap! Sunday Roast was a reheated day old meal. Only reason for existence is Last of Summer Wine

Room tip: Avoid at all costs.
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank John R
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Me & my husband would defo recommend to stay here. Christine & Lauren was so welcoming & friendly. The food was amazing both dinner & breakfast with plenty of choice on the menu. The room was lovely & the bed was so comfy. A lovely atmosphere in the pub. Couldnt fault it one bit. We will be back! Thankyou again.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel A
Reviewed 6 September 2017

As a fan of last of the summer wine tv show I have wanted to visit the area and this pub/inn for years. It does not disappoint, the location and surrounding villages are just what I expected. We only had one night at The White Horse which my wife an I thoroughly enjoyed. We did have one minor issue with the room we had been allocated but the landlady, I believe her name is Lauren, dealt with it quickly and without fuss (can't ask for any more than that). Anyway the accommodation is clean spacious and well equipped, and the food is fresh cooked and quite delicious, we had both dinner and breakfast. And although there is some memorabilia from the show in the bar and rooms it is not so much that is will alienate "normal people". Will I return? In a heartbeat!!

Room tip: Roms in what used to be the house have a nice view of the garden area to the rear and some woodland to the front
Date of stay: September 2017