All reviews booze and snooze wedding reception function room course meal bottle of wine wedding venue sunday lunch steak and ale pie honeymoon suite booked a table food was lovely bar area couldn't do enough from start to finish the pub cannot fault family room
Reviewed 14 May 2016 via mobile

Wonderful time spent at The Huntsman, great atmosphere and attention to detail. Food amazing, wonderful location, couldn't ask for more, coming again next month for another Wine, Dine and Duvet, such good value as well as being a real treat.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2016 via mobile

We've stopped at this hotel before and the accommodation and breakfast was very good on that occasion.
However, on this occasion, we were only having dinner with friends.
It could be that with a full pub on a Saturday night and the extra pressure of catering for both the Adele tribute concert and a wedding was just too much.
The food was mediocre, and the service average (we had to remind them of missing items on two occasions). The wine was reasonably priced and the overall bill was acceptable for what we got.
We will be visiting again with, hopefully, a better outcome.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Stewie79, General Manager at The Huntsman Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2016

Hi thanks for taking the time to leave the feedback, I think it may be linked to the previous review who was also in the same night and has left a review over a month after the visit. I'm sorry that we didn't meet our own usual high standards on that evening and I'm pleased that you have had great stays with us previous although didn't leave a positive review ??. We have events/functions most weekends and they don't usually affect service in the pub/restaurant unless they are especially large bookings which the tribute night wasn't, although it appears on this occasion looking at the last 2 reviews obviously something was amiss. I look forward to welcoming you back and hopefully we will deliver our usual great food and service.

Reviewed 7 May 2016 via mobile

We booked a table for the evening not realising there was an Adele tribute taking place which meant when we got there our table we had reserved was taken. We then sat by the bar which was so crowded we chose to sit in the restaurant. I chose lamb which I know is a fatty meat but on my plate I had about 5 very tiny pieces & unfortunately 3 of them were just pieces of fat, no actual meat. Vegetable consisted of baby leeks which hadn't even seen "al dente" & were inedible so for £15 I had a piece of potato and a forkful of meat. It's rare for me to complain but I did mention the slices of fat, I was told my comments would be passed on I wasn't offered anything else. My partner had pie which looked exactly like standard catering issue. We chose a bottle of wine ( not cheap but lovely) But I paid £60 in total and i actually had something to eat when we got home as I was hungry. The hotel looks lovely but the bar is understaffed I'd waited about 6 mins earlier that day to be served nobody about. It was obvious the quality of food was neglected when they had a large amount if customers in. Interestingly a friend had been to the Adele tribute dinner & said her food was terrible so unfortunately we won't be returning.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Stewie79, General Manager at The Huntsman Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2016

Hi thanks for taking the time to leave a review I'm sorry this was your experience of our fantastic country inn, as you can see by the majority of reviews especially over the past 18 months this is not our usual standard and despite what your "friend" said we were left several glowing reviews from the Adele night for our food and when checked back on when clearing the empty plates nothing negative was fed back but I guess we can't please everyone everytime. I apologise that we were busy with a function on that evening and that the bar area was busy, as for the food I can assure you that the pie which happens to be our best seller is anything but catering standard!! I'm sure had you complained or told the server you were not happy with your dish we would have swapped it straightaway as all my team are trained to do so. I would love to discuss this further with you, if you want to contact me directly so we can invite you back to show you just how good the Huntsman really is.

Reviewed 5 May 2016

Had a great Sunday lunch with my daughter and son, bar staff very friendly and server really help full , thanks to the chef we all enjoyed our meal two of us had the beef it was lovely and the fish board look delish, portions were just right as well.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thanks for the great feedback, we hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 5 May 2016 via mobile

Booked in for a single night on the Dine & Duvet evening and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
Our room was huge and very clean with views out over the hills in to God's country.
The evening meal was excellent, it tasted amazing, starters, main & pudding were beautifully presented, hot, tasty & cooked perfectly.
Breakfast was a great way to start the day, the full English was huge and I was full when I left. A lighter selection is also available.
The staff, in particular Cat & Laura were amazing and made our stay effortless. They were always smiling and pleasant, thank you.
We have visited for bar & restaurant meals in the past but shall more than likely be doing this again.
Well recommended if visiting the area or passing by.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank GrassyKnoll1

I'm thrilled you had a great time, Cat & Laura are our A team and will be pleased with this feedback hopefully we will see you again soon.