“Mrs”
Review of Wookey Hole Caves

Wookey Hole Caves
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A series of caves that sheltered Stone Age people.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Absolutely amazing, I thought it was allot of money at first. But boy was it worth every penny. Fantastic day out, we loved every minute, the kids/young adult circus was fab. We live 45min away and I cant believe I've never visited. The staff clearly love there jobs, they were friendly and very helpful. The place was amazingly clean.

Write a ReviewReviews (3 549)
All reviews
"mirror"
in 633 reviews

129 - 133 of 3 549 reviews

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We visited Wookey with our son in law, daughter and two grandchildren (8 and 11) . We had been there before but a lot has changed. We checked online before our trip and found a voucher offering a good discount and this made it very good value for money. I found the caves stunning and the new passages they have drilled to access the deepest caves are amazing. Several caves have rather better stalactite formations but Wookey has its own special geological treat!
The dinosaur garden is very touristy but actually rather good and I enjoyed playing the penny arcade again. Sadly we had to miss the circus and the witch's show but these would fill a day visit out. My only real disappointment was that the paper making in the old mill buildings was no longer there. The mill buildings themselves are very interesting. There was plenty of free parking and food prices were not too bad.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

This is my 3rd visit & the circus is my absolute favourite! The young people who trust so hard do so well. Much appreciated

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Well, at least as good as - despite garish and off-putting adverts and web site!

Why so good? Lots of caves, escorted by a human guide who was both knowledgeable and amusing. Excellent special effects, controlled by guide so they came on at the right times. Fascinating geology and history. Plus plenty else to amuse, especially for children or childish adults like us; dinosaur park, magic mirror maze (hysterical), "penny' arcade and quirky gift shop. PLUS the children's circus; performed by local children who attend evening circus skills school and perform at weekends and during school holidays. They were brilliant!

GO THERE, you'll be glad you did.

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Me and my husband visited on good Friday, luckily no ques - got to the pay hut.... £39!!! What????? To look inside a cave? Let’s be serious here mate but we are not here for the dinosaur world or indoor play pen are we!!!

Anyways..... sucked it up and paid these scavengers the money as I did really wanna see the caves I heard so Much about, good advertising Wookey Hole I’ll give you that, clever how you suck us in with your billboards showing “New exciting caves “ and all the amazing things going on here LOL - If I laugh anymore on this I will most definitely go Into early labour!

Anyways... walked then to the tour which was starting a few minutes after entry, lucky as it was lashing with rain. Guide was annoying , I switched off after listening to her mumble on. Finally seen the lovely caves lit up, was beautiful to be fair but I wanted More time to enjoy them & take some nice pics, after all £39 later is expect to have more time to enjoy the caves! Moving on through some nice colourful lights setting of the caves which I did love but again , felt more like a drive through Mac Donald’s, sadly no one was there to hand me my Big Mac Grand Meal which would have justified the cost alittle more. Before I knew it we was on the last part of the cave, REALLY??? 20 mins and that’s it? Come on Wookey. Surly this can’t be correct, I even asked if we walked back the way we came
In hope I got to see the nice colourful Caves and grab some more pics, sadly no....

Shame a real shame. Was expecting a lot
More from this attraction and within 1 hour later
Hubby and I was in the car on route to Cheddar Gorge. Couldn’t believe it.

If we had the option to pay only for the caves I would have been happier but £19
Each is seriously excessive for adults who
Won’t do anything else but that. Walking back through the little park it looked small
& basic. My advise is go to Longleat over this, there you get a whole day worth of fun and activities for all & a safari on the cost of the ticket.

Won’t be back or be recommending this place that’s for sure! I regret not asking for a refund, you live and learn !

2  Thank Lucy W
WookeyHole, Manager at Wookey Hole Caves, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2018

Dear Lucy W,
Thank you for your recent review. We are sorry to learn of your comments, it would seem that you did not know what we offered as a day out before you arrived. Our website and leaflets show case exactly what we offer, over 20 attractions including a guided cave tour (which is actually 40 minutes in duration, so the one hour turnaround you mention is slightly exaggerated), dinosaur valley with new animatronic dinosaurs, 4D cinema, dino dig, circus show (weekends and school holidays), indoor soft play, mirror maze, Victorian penny arcade, crazy mirrors, cave and cave diving museums, adventure golf, paper making and more. We promote ourselves a family attraction with lots to do for all the family, and on the whole we succeed in this. Sorry we did not meet your approval however we hope you enjoyed your day out at Cheddar Gorge.

Regards