“Lovely spa,let down by the cleanliness”

Verbena Spa, Helmsley
Ranked #13 of 20 things to do in Helmsley
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Verbena Spa, Helmsley, Yorkshire. Nestling in Helmsley, on the edge of the North Yorkshire Moors National Park. Verbena Spa is within easy reach of Leeds, York, Whitby & Teesside.Elemis products feature strongly in a menu of day spa packages and individual spa treatments. We also offer Anne Semonin for bespoke treatments designed especially for you. Verbena Spa is part of the award-winning Feversham Arms Hotel, so why not complete the experience with an overnight getaway? Elemis products feature strongly in a menu of day spa packages and individual spa treatments. The Verbena Spa is part of the award-winning Feversham Arms Hotel, so why not complete the experience with an overnight getaway?
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

We went for a spacial spa day and found the place lovely. However the changing rooms were a bit skanky and lacking in the cleaning department, especially the showers which were also very claustrophobic!

The spa towels and robes were worn and old. Need replacing urgently. I saw one towel in the dirty basket was torn and ready for the bin.

The changing room lockers had no logic to their numbering system!

The sauna and hot pool/spa weren't very hot and that was disappointing.

Overall, awesome staff and treatments, let down by lack of detail and attention to the basics of a spare experience.

All reviews
"lovely location"
"therapist"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 16 March 2018

My Husband booked a Hotel/Spa package as an anniversary treat. We have stayed at the Feversham on a number of occasions over the past 10 years, including on an exclusive use basis. In general the staff at the spa were very nice, in particular the ladies who did our treatments were great. However, I would agree, with some of the other reviews that the robes need upgrading, along with the flip flops, which should be single use instead of plastic reusable ones and there is a general tiredness about the place, both in terms of cleanliness and fittings. Finally, I had an unfortunate experience in the bar area, but the hotel has resolved this and I believe it to be a one off. I would go back to the hotel, but I would probably not use the Spa.

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

My friend and I visited the Verbena Spa recently and enjoyed a “Girly Gathering” spa package.
We each had 75 minutes worth of treatments and chose the personalised facial and the back, neck and shoulder massage.
The facial was stunning, the products used are high quality and available to buy at reasonable cost.
The massage was one of the best I have ever had! Thanks to Fay!
We enjoyed lunch as part of our package and the menu was brilliant. I Had burger and skinny fries and my friend had fish and chips.

The salt steam room and outdoor pool were wonderful!

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

I was given a travel zoo voucher for Christmas for a spa session with a friend. Went for coffee and chat in the hotel in fact chatted most of the day!! We then had an inclusive one course enjoyable lunch. Got changed into robes and Flipflops ( provided). Went for a lovely swim in the outdoor pool then into the hot tub which could just have been a little warmer. Then inside to the heat area- steam room/ sauna. A relax in the lounge with a cup of Yorkshire tea before a facial and wonderful back massage. A very relaxing day