YHA London Lee Valley(Cheshunt)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 23/07
US$78
Cheshunt Marriott Hotel(Broxbourne)
US$92
  • Room Service
Premier Inn London Enfield Hotel(Enfield)(Great Value!)
US$78
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Waltham Abbey Hotel(Waltham Abbey)(Great Value!)
US$77
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Waltham Abbey Marriott Hotel(Waltham Abbey)
US$106
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$97
  • Free Internet
TripAdvisor
Heather's Lodge(Cheshunt)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsmansion housefree tea and coffeethe main hotellovely groundsbuffet breakfastbar foodenjoyable stayfamily weddingplenty of parkinggood nights sleepvenuetheobaldsenfielddiscostablesteasmotorway
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Wonderful customer service, clean and well equipped rooms, quiet and beautiful parks and nature arround the hotel. The pub has a beautiful porch and provides light meals besides alcohol and has a beautiful porch that enhances the joy and releaxed atmosphere. (There's a nice restaurant too, but prices are a bit high.Nevertheless there are some great restaurants in the area).

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Theobalds E, General Manager at De Vere Theobalds Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for your review of De Vere Theobalds Estate

I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable experience with us, I am happy that that you were able to enjoy our lovely grounds. Thank you very much for taking the time to feed this back to us.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I would like to say a huge thank you to all the staff who helped my daughter and son in law's day to be a success. We had a brilliant day. The wedding ceremony took place in the beautiful garden of the mansion house. Special thanks to Francesca who was with us every step of the way making sure things were in place. Shonnon who sorted things out on the day and Rebecca who worked so hard on the day and in the bar throughout the evening.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your review of De Vere Theobalds Estate

I am delighted that you found your Daughters wedding to be well delivered, we have such an enthusiastic team who love to host a wedding and make it as special for all the guests, family mebers as well as the wedding couple.

I am very happy to also hear that the team were able to make you feel welcome and comfortable. I will of course be sharing your kind words with them.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I came here as part of the GoGo getaway retreat. The rooms were nice and clean and a comfortable temperature. There was tea and coffee facilities an iron, safe and a really decent hairdryer! - there was also good shampoo and shower gel provided. Plenty of towels. The bed was huge, and really comfy. I had a ground floor room (no. 523) nice and quiet. My shower didnt work, but a bath was fine.

The food was all buffet and was of a very good quality and variety. Only negative is that being vegetarian the meals were primarily spicy... tasty, but there is other options for veggies.

The grounds are beautiful with bunnies hopping around and grouse wandering with was lovely to see.

The academy is a brilliant facility to use, lovely breakout area and lovely huge modern rooms that are brilliant for the gogo retreats!

The staff are very friendly and nothing is effort for them (including removing a spider from my room)

A constructive comment that i would say that confused me was - i put a 'do not clean my room hanger in the door' as in my eyes i was there two night, i didnt need clean towels or bedding in that time, as i wouldnt do that at home. I came back to my room to find a carrier bag full of clean towels, tea bags and bathroom bits to replenish. Maybe its worth having a sign to be eco friendly and not have clean towels etc?

Lovely stay and i would happily come back again!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Theobalds E, General Manager at De Vere Theobalds Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for your review of De Vere Theobalds Estate

I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable experience with us, I am happy that you enjoyed the use of our grounds and found our bedrooms comfortable. Also thank you very much for taking the time to feed this back to us.

I am very happy to also hear that the team were friendly and helpful. I will of course be sharing your kind words with them.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

This is a charming place to stay. Staff were very friendly. The grounds and rooms very nice. Bar area is pleasant and restaurant too. Food was tasty but portions bit on small side. Ate there first night. But chose to eat out rest of stay. The restaurant staff were really lovely though. Reception staff were very helpful. Would stay again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review of De Vere Theobalds Estate

I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable experience with us, I am happy that you enjoyed the use of our grounds and our bedrooms comfortable. Also thank you very much for taking the time to feed this back to us.

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Lovely grounds and a very imposing house give a good impression, although the signage looks faded and uncared for (anyone clean the exterior signs at all?).
Book in was easy and the receptionist helpful, room I had was small but ok, although rot around the window frame starts to reinforce the “tired” feeling of this lovely old building.
The ensuite bathroom is basic, but again gapping around the seals etc lead to the tired feeling.
Poor night’s sleep due to noisy plumbing in the next bedroom, breakfast next morning serviceable - standard hotel breakfast, decent enough service.
Business meeting over and return home, would I choose to stay here? - probably no, but for business needs it was fine.
In all, needs some investment in “sharpening up” the cosmetics (paint, carpet tidy away vacuum cleaners etc)

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Colin E

Thank you for your review of De Vere Theobalds Estate

I am very happy to hear that the team were helpful and you enjoyed our grounds. I will of course be sharing your kind words.

I am disappointed that we have also failed you on some aspects of your stay, I will be looking in to this further and passing your comments on to the relevant departments.

I would hope that no one would ever feel that we have under delivered when providing service at Theobalds Estate and not the normal feedback we receive.