US$68
Reviews (3 549)
3 549 results
2 445
2 445
All reviewsinfinity poolselect suiteboat yardself cateringnautical themedeluxe suitegran canariahalf boardkids clublovely hotelfloor overlookingbuffet styleglass of champagnereception staffhigher floorpool towelsbreakfast and dinner
121 - 126 of 3 549 reviews
Reviewed 31 March 2018

Can only reiterate what most people have said. Wonderful staff who will do anything to help, lovely big suites, excellent pool, and great location, outside of the main hustle and bustle of the town centre. We did b&b, breakfast was excellent with a great selection of everything you could want. My only gripe would be the entertainment. As we ate out, we only caught two acts and the music quiz night. Tbh, they were not worth staying around for, the music quiz consisted of 26 questions, took all of 30 minutes! And the Elvis impersonator, well the least said the better. But that is not why we go on holiday, it wouldn't stop us returning, we loved the place. Last point..the restaurant was not open during our week there, all meals were buffet style at the Atlantic bar location by the pool. Not a problem, but we had read good reviews of this restaurant and had intended to use it, but never had the chance.

Room Tip: We had room 402, overlooked the pool and sea, which was excellent.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank andymgriffin
Manager H, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Marina Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear andymgriffin,
Thank you so much for this lovely review and for leaving these kind words here at TripAdvisor!
It makes me happy to hear that you had such a great time and was able to enjoy our breakfast and warm hospitality.
We will look into your comments about the entertainment, to see how we can improve that area.
I will gladly let my colleagues know that you had such a great time with us, that you loved the hotel and would like to return later on,
and I really hope you do! It would be a pleasure to see you back onboard here anytime!

See you soon!
With love from Marina Gran Canaria,

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Super location, Fab pool area, very friendly and helpful staff, rooms spotless, love the décor! We arrived early in the morning and they gave us a room to get changed and cleaned up until our room was ready. Something for everyone at breakfast time too.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Manager H, Reception at Marina Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Good afternoon,

I would like to thank you for taking your valuable time to share your Marina experience with us.
I'm delighted to see that you had a great holiday on board, especially that you liked a lot our pool area, the friendly behaviour of our staff and our breakfast service, it's a pleasure for us to make our guests satisfied.

Kind regards by Marina Suites Gran Canaria.

Samuel, reception.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Stayed here for 5 nights and were lucky enough to be upgraded to a select suite (room 823). From check in to check out the service was outstanding. The suite was above and beyond our expectations in terms of space and décor and the view from the balcony overlooking the harbour was beautiful.
Breakfast was excellent offering great choices of everything from fruit and yoghurt to full cooked breakfasts and individually selected omelettes cooked to order.
We loved the seats on the terrace overlooking the sea and the adult only area was great when the sun arrived after lunch.
We will definitely return.

Room Tip: high floors offer great views.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Manager H, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Marina Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear nixon4nixon,
Thank you so much for sharing this fantastic review with us, I am so happy to read that you had a great time,
and that you enjoyed our facilities and food!
It gives me a great pleasure to read throuh your comments! I am happy that we could exceed yout expectations.
I really hope to see on onboard with us soon again at our little paradise.

With love from Marina Gran Canaria,

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for a week with our 9 month twin girls and thoroughly enjoyed it. Suites were lovely and staff friendly. Reception staff were absolutely brilliant - only too happy to help.

Suites were very clean and we had a lovely view over the marina. A ten minute pleasant walk and we were at the other side of the marina.

Lovely infinity pool with massage tent, which unfortunately I didn’t get the chance to use!

The food was lovely too. We would definitely stay here again should we return to Gran Canaria.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank laurarobo

Dear laurarobo,
Thank you so much for leaving this wonderful review about your stay here onboard with us,
it was a pleasure to host you and your beautiful family!
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our fabulous staff, the suits, and the food!
From all of us, I really hope to see you back here onboard in the future!

With love from Marina Gran Canaria

Reviewed 27 March 2018

I suppose it had to happen after four great stays here there has been a reduction in the standard. Rooms are great, lots of space and great views. Food has reduced a bit in quality and it didn't help that we were consigned to the breakfast area for evening meals. Told it was because it was very busy by some and then by Tui that it was down to works. In March eating outside in the evening isn't always the best idea. I book decent hotels with good restaurants as that's a big part of our holiday. I didn't book to sit in the cold on plastic chairs with lukewarm food. Such a shame as we were really enjoying our stay and this put a slight dampener on things. Didn't spoil it completely though. Tui were not in the least bit interested, which is usual for them. There has been a marked drop in their quality too, food on the planes is very poor as were the seat space and general condition. The staff in both cases were first class, cannot praise them enough. Perhaps a wee bottle of wine on the house might have helped with the restaurant situation, I heard many people complaining about it under their breath so to speak. Other items to mention were the cost of a safe (which is in the room and cost the hotel nothing) and the cost of mixers, tonic was almost as much as the gin!! The room had some issues too, air conditioning really didn't work and the patio door was very hard to close. Shower head was poor and the water cut out completely one morning. Staff do everything they can to sort stuff out quickly though and they should be commended for their work and attitude. The addition of the wee shop is a plus which has nice bread etc for lunch if required. OK, million dollar question .. yes, of course, I'll go back!!

Room Tip: Higher floors best
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Manager H, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Marina Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Dear CraigiefortScotland,
Thank you so much for taking your time to give us this valueble feedback about your latest holiday with us,
it is always very satisfying to see guests coming back year after year.
I am sorry to hear that we didn´t live up to the earlier years, and that you didn´t enjoy this holiday just as much as the previous years.
And we will most definitly take a look into the comments from you about the dinner place, decor in the restuarant, safetybox and so on.
Regarding the dinner outside by the pool I am sorry to hear that you didn´t like it, we moved the dinners up stairs as well so more of our guests and enjoy the stunning views and eat in the beautiful sunset, which comes in so many colours and warmt this time of year.
However I do hope to see you again next time, since it as always was a pleasure to host you here!
Please do not hesitate to contact us before your next arrival, so we can plan your holiday together with you!

See you soon again!