“Really bad!”

Ranked #155 of 191 Restaurants in Puerto Rico
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Just wanted a small quick bite, so we ordered Tomato bread, gambas in garlic and fried chorizo with onions

The gambas was overcoocked shrimps (possibly frozen), and didn’t taste well
The fried chorizo, tasted like a sausage you would use with English Breakfast - the dish only tasted fatty

Messing up to simple dishes as Gambas an Chorizo is quire an achievement, but it didn’t stop there, the tomato bread was terrible, it was made of a breakfast bunn (not joking) with bad olive oil and a chopped sour tomato

Reviewed 13 January 2018

My wife and I have recently returned from Holiday in Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria. The Las Farolas is situated in the main shopping centre in Puerto Rico on the first floor. The food in this restaurant is excellent. Whether you have Steak, Tapas or Pizzas the food selection, quality and price is first class. Couple that with the Friendly nature of the staff and you have a winning combination. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

Las Farolas

Puerto Rico

€25 service charge on bill

We ate at this place on New Years Eve as the Big bald guy very pushy to get us in. Said the best steaks on the island.
Well they were not.
Four steaks ordered and two full of fat. I returned mine and second steak was worse. Asked for well done still had blood inside. When I asked for it to be removed from bill they kicked up quiet a fuss. My argument - I ate neither and gave them a chance to sort it!

Then totally appalled at the
25 euros added to final bill. They said as it was New Year it was a service charge for the Police.

No other place added this extra charge !!

Basically we had been stung.

Avoid avoid avoid!!€150 bill for four terrible fillet steaks and an doughy undercooked pizza!!

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Pretty much Harrassed into going in by the big bald guy outside with huge promises and to be fair the chateaubriand that we were "sold" was pretty nice , the techniques used to get more money from you ie water bottle each , steak upgrades etc left a bit of s sour taste when the bill arrived and tp cap ot all we had a large table of smokers arrived and all lit up while we were still eating so we upped and left as soon as we could.

1  Thank Chrisbusy C
Reviewed 23 December 2017

Las Farolas was the first restaurant we visited and in our opinion the best. Obviously the first thing you want is good food, this has that, then you want warm friendly service this has it in spades. But the highlight for me was when I ordered a Carlos 1 brandy, what I did not expect was the way it was 'served' or should I say presented. It was brought in a large glass containing hot water which was then tipped out and a small brandy poured into the glass and set alight. Then the very large brandy was poured, a little bit of a showman but finished the night of perfectly. It goes without saying that we visited Las Farolas several times. To explain the title ....the person who was the 'greeter' was a large Danish gentleman who typified the rest of the staff with their professionism and friendliness.

1  Thank raymondcBillingham