All reviews cave suite record player honeymoon suite huge fridge local bottle of wine indoor pool high heels every morning uneven surfaces skaros rock limited privacy fresh fruit platter spent three nights here hot tube unforgettable honeymoon house keeping romantic dinner
Reviewed 13 May 2018

Wow. Wow. Wow. Santorini is all about gorgeous plunge pools with a view... which is just fine and we did have an amazing balcony with the View-to Die-For, but then we had the coolest (design wise and temperature wise) apartment with just the right amount of light and irregular walls and stunning attention to detail and a record player with romantic records and ABSOLUTE privacy from the crowds... and that in itself was pretty sexy. But add to that, the most GORGEOUS PRIVATE POOL in a cave I have ever seen, which is softly lit and warmed to a temperature that makes you want to stay forever and you have created a HONEYMOON. And we were not on our honeymoon :) :) :)... Needless to say, we hardly left the room and the pool!!! This is the only room to book on all of Santorini if you are a designer or architect, but I can't imagine anyone not being seduced by the romantic charms of The Crypt. (OH the Name is the worst! Please change it). Staff and breakfast was extraordinary as well!!! Memorable beyond the beyond!

Room Tip: The Crypt is the room we LOVED!
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alejcisneros
SophiaSuitesTeam, Manager at Sophia Luxury Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2018

Dear Alejandra,

How lovely to see your review here. It was more than a pleasure meeting you and having you as our guest. Your positive energy and endless kind words and smiles were really uplifting and it was great to here that you are also in the hospitality business.
We hope you are having an unforgettable time on the remainder of your Greek holidays.
Season will soon be over and we will come to Bali to see you.

A big hug to James, we miss you guysss...so until we meet again we send our Greek love all the way from Santorini

From the Sophia Luxury Suites Team

Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed for a day in superior honeymoon suit during our babymoon trip to greece. It was a perfect end for our trip. Couldnt have asked for a better property to stay in.

The staff is soo friendly from their manager to house keeping, everyone was absolutely wonderful. The manager also allowed us to do our pregnancy shoot with outside photographer which any hassles.

The view from the property is really mesmerising and wonderful and have to specify that indoor pool was just breath-taking. I definitely recommend this property

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Nishma,

Thank you so much for your kind words and your beautiful review.
You where both a charming couple and it was an honor to have you stay with us for your honeymoon. We are very happy you enjoyed your time and stay.

Don't forget you have promised to send us the baby photos.... we are now also as anxious as you to see if it is going to be a girl or a boy.

The best of luck and our sincere happy wishes for the new family member that you are expecting.

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend travelled to Santorini for his 21st birthday. Wow. What absolute luxury here at Sophia Luxury Suites

We arrived on the 4th May about 2am, there was already a staff member ready to carry our bags down flights of steps. He checked us in and organised our breakfast for the next morning...

I had booked an Aurora Suite (knowing there were 7 we would potentially be given) we moved to room 304.. originally in 207, only because we wanted to see the difference. Although we did prefer 304, all rooms at Sophia are absolutely gorgeous. The views are like nowhere else on the island for that special view.

I wanted to organise something for Alex’s birthday (private cruise), the staff (Vivian, Tony AND Nikita) all helped me. I probably took a good hour out of there day! They gave me every bit of attention to detail they could and booked everything from transfers to food. The sunset cruise is a must btw if your looking for something special! We got back to a room of surprises as-well!

Everything from the room, the service, the breakfast, the advice was perfect here. I can’t emphasise enough how they just want you to have the best trip. Please don’t waste your time going anywhere else. Your in the ideal spot for luxury while not being far from Oia and Thera. Alex has promised me he’ll bring me back!

The attached photos are of both rooms, the breakfast, the view and cruise.

Lots of love, Ellie and Alex

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Ellie & Alex,

You are a lovely couple and it was a delight to have you as our guests. Thank you for your kind words, your great review and to whoever is out there reading this, we have one of their first selfies :)

It was a pleasure to assist you in all the arrangements and you were the cutest trying to surprise Alex for his birthday.

We are very happy that we where able to exceed your expectations and that you had such a good time with us and we hope we meet again.

So until then we send you Greek hugs and some Santorinian sunshine!!

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed here while on a trip with my cousin and although it is more of a couples type establishment we had a great time. The welcome drink and breakfasts were delightful. You can’t beat the view. The bathrooms are weird. There’s a hole in the wall that allows someone to see right through to whoever is on the toilet and another space you can view someone in the shower if you’re using the sink. Bed was comfortable. Plunge pool was fantastic. Be prepared for a hike in and out of the rooms though. Not recommended for someone who has walking issues. Overall great place and would stay at again

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
SophiaTeam, General Manager at Sophia Luxury Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Dear 366jamiew,

Thank you so much for your review, kind words and honest opinion.
We value what our guests have to say, since without your opinion, we would not be able to improve.

We really hope to see you again and have you as our guests so we can offer you an even better time with us.
Until then have fun always ...

Our Warmest Regards

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights from 23rd to 26th April 2018. It was a surprise trip from my partner and I had no idea where I was going until the boarding gate! I've always wanted to come to Santorini and it's now ticked off my bucket list!

From the moment we got off the plane we were meeted by the taxi transfer man and had another couple waiting to be taken to Sophia Luxury Suites. We were instantly offered a bottle of water in the taxi as it was a lot hotter than we had imagined. A quick 15 minute journey from the airport and we had arrived. We were met by Tony who was very friendly and informative and all our luggage was taken from us to be put in our rooms. The views walking to the Suites were amazing, just like you see in pictures, truely beautiful. There was quite a few steps and uneven surfaces, I'm not going to lie I did wonder how I was going to manage it every day! I would definitely recommend flat comfy shoes for support, I think if you have difficulty in walking up stairs and down then this wouldn't be an ideal place for you.

We went to check in and were greeted by Niovi and Vivian. Instantly knew who my partner was and were so friendly, down to earth and helpful. We had to wait a short while to get checked in and were taken to an area to sit and watch the beautiful scenery. We were both offered champagne and fresh fruit, a nice touch. Checked in and Tony showed us to our suite. At this time my partner had told me that unfortunately we didn't have a pool and to be honest I was fine about it as the views of this island are breathtaking and we were only there a few days. When we got up some more steps to our suite I was was taken a back as there was a beautiful cave suite with 3 pools outside next to it!! This cave suite maybe compact but it has everything you will ever need in it. There were rose petals scattered on the floor with candles which was a lovely surprise! The shower is within the cave and we never had any issues with hot water during our stay. The view outside out the window when laying in bed is gorgeous, it made you want to get up in the morning. You can the open the blinds and walk from bed to sunbed. There are three pools one for each suite. I thought they would be freezing but was surprised in how warm they were and they had a jacuzzi in them. It was great to unwind in them watching the sunset with a drink later in the evening as they were so warm. The pools do attract flies etc which is inevitable but they do get cleaned out twice a day.

Our cave suite was next to the kitchen and staff walking through all day. This didn't bother us, if anything it meant if you called room service for a drink or food you got it straight away☺. Breakfasts were amazing! Every day you would order what you wanted from the menu for the following morning and what time you required it. We had our breakfasts outside our room every day. We had ordered room service for dinner and we both ordered lamb chops they were so nice. All the staff were so friendly and always said hello and went out of there way for you, nothing was to much trouble. How the walk up and down those steps with suitcases and food without dropping them we'll never know!

Our 2nd evening my partner had planned a nice meal out in town and I had put my high heels on. High heels and the steps are almost impossible to walk on! We got as far as the area we sat the first day to wait for check in and Niovi was sitting there and was asking us how our day had been and where we were going. She was genuinely really interested in everything we had to say and so sincere. She loves talking to guests and that really shows. Just behind her I had noticed my partner in a picture and didn't understand how that had got there....
The area had been decorated so beautifully with red roses, petals and candles in the floor, candles and decorations on the table. As I turned round my partner was on the floor with a ring in his hand proposing! It was a most magical moment. Niovi took some pictures of the moment and we have got some great pictures from her that we will always treasure. We were actually having our romantic dinner in this area and you can hire it out for special occasions etc...

I soon found out that my partner had booked all this in Oct 2017 and had been in touch closely with Niovi with what special touches he wanted on the day etc. She made all the plans come to life and organised everything her end and you can see how much she enjoys making guests feel special with all the extras.
We had the most amazing (apologies in over using this word!) Mojitos cocktails! One of the guys who were waiting on us, I apologise I can't remember his name. He said they would be the best ever and he was right. He took our order for food which again was great and then asked if there was anything we didn't like in a dessert. The chef was going to make us a dessert that was not on the menu. We said there was an amazing cream we had with our fruit the first day. The chef incorporated that in the dessert it. Such a lovely thing to do.

Every evening little desserts would be brought round to you to enjoy, these were great and nice to walk in our suite after an evening out to find these and candles prelit.

The whole team that work here are wonderful! Friendly, helpful and could not do enough for you. On one day towels had been forgotten in our bathroom. A quick call and we had new ones straight away and they were so apologetic about it.

All in all we both had a fantastic, magical, romantic break in Santorini!
The Sophia Luxury Suites is a fantastic place to stay to relax and enjoy exploring the island. We definitely will be back and we hope to see you all again very soon.....

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear nikki3478,

Thank you so much, what a delightful and kind review.
It means a lot to us that it was your dream to come to Santorini and we where able to offer you such a good time and be a part of making this wanderlust dream come true.
If only we could write reviews also i would tell you it was absolutely great meeting you, both you and your husband where terrific and i really do hope that we will have the pleasure of having you as our guests again.

Keep on Travelling the world Nikki :)

from the whole team at Sophia Luxury Suites...a great big Greek kiss...
Until we meet again