“Hands down the best experience ever.”
other travellers have booked this property
Private jacuzzi plunge pool at your disposal. Just enjoy this amazing view.
Enjoy the most amazing view from the private terrace with the jacuzzi .
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Private jacuzzi plunge pool at your disposal. Just enjoy this amazing view.
Enjoy the most amazing view from the private terrace with the jacuzzi .
Breakfast at the main terrace or the villa overlooking the caldera.
Jacuzzi
Jacuzzi terrace
Roof top jacuzzi sunset view
Fully equipped kitchen !
Dinning area on the lounge terrace
Terrace View
Dinning area at the roof
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Japanese first
Any
Targa81
Canada
“Book at your own peril. Indulgent luxury I think NOT.”
Reviewed 19 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016
people found this review helpful

I am writing to discuss our recent stay at Santorini at Malteza Private Villas. We were scheduled to stay from April 8-13. We left on April 10 due to circumstances which I feel that Trip Advisor needs to be aware of. Firstly, a significant reason we booked this villa is because of the descriptions outlining the villas accessibility. My wife has recently suffered a broken foot requiring surgery and this was a major concern. The villa had been described as "steps free" and "handicapped accessible." When we arrived, the owner met us at the taxi and tried to help by carrying a bag up a long bumpy steep pathway to the villa. He struggled with the bag, dropping it several times and swearing when it was dropped. He could barely navigate the path wit the bag. My wife no longer requires a wheelchair to get around thankfully, as there is no way a wheelchair could navigate that path. She struggled to make it up the path, and once there was resigned that she wouldn't be able to make the trek again other than to leave. The photos on the various websites depict the villa as very spacious and light as do the verbal descriptions. This was not accurate. The rooms are dark, the bedrooms "railway car" style requiring one to go through one bedroom to the other. There was a door to the second bedroom but without a handle on the outside couldn't be opened by our guest. The beds were a futon without box springs and rock hard hardly fitting the description of "redefining luxury and indulgence." We were unable to sleep due to the thin hard mattress as well as there were bright green lights that could not be turned off in the bedrooms (solar power or cameras)? These illuminated the bedroom with green light making it impossible to sleep. Maltezza Private Villa implies "privacy" and we had nothing of the sort. A major pathway runs right by the bedrooms and anyone could stare in. A man came right to our window staring in one one occasion. When we arrived my wife required the toilet and the plastic seat promptly cracked. The owners initial reaction was one of anger but he quickly masked that. We offered to pay for a new seat but it was not replaced. Anytime we used the toilet our backsides were pinched and cut. The toilets could not be flushed with paper which I understand is a local issue with plumbing, however the wastebaskets weren't emptied by housekeeping. The smell of fecal soiled paper in the bathroom garbage was quite unpleasant. The water is salty and unpotable, however the two initial bottles were never replaced. With my wife's handicap and the lack of accessibility, it was very difficult for us to ensure a supply of water. The Villa was advertised as having laundry facilities and in the middle of a lengthy European tour we were planning on utilizing them. Unfortunately the washer (no dryer present) malfunctioned and wouldn't release the clothes for 24 hours. It washed them continuously. Upon the release of the clothes the entire load was ruined with holes in one of my wife's sweaters and the load including light colours all stained dark. One of the most appealing features in the description of the villa was the "Hot" tub. Unfortunately there was some "contamination" of the tub requiring it to be drained. It never did heat up to the point where we could use it. The main power of the Villa is deemed to be solar. There was intermittent sunshine during our stay and multiple intrusions made to switch the solar power on and the electric power off whenever the sun would come out. The first morning required cold showers as there was no hot water. Hardly " indulgent luxury." When one cannot sleep with no box spring and green lights permanently on, no privacy with strange people looking in the window, multiple intrusions to flick fuses in the bedroom for the solar power, no hot water resulting in cold showers, limited accessibility for disabled persons and toilet concerns we found ourselves with no recourse other than to leave at great expense ASAP. There were three of us and our guest felt just as strongly and left as well. This villa being prepaid, $ 2500 Euros for 5 nights as soon as we could arrange flights we departed. It was clear to me that this list of issues could not possibly be addressed by the owner and therefore there was no point in further discussion. Upon leaving when the concerns were brought up the owner did not accept the feed back and became very defensive. In summary I feel this villa was strongly misrepresented, clearly photoshopped pictures and reviews that in retrospect read more like advertisements than actual reviews.Owner sketchy, caught lying on our communications. Don't count on Trip Avisors payment protection to help you either!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
21 Apr 2016
Dear Dr. Michael Breden
The only reason I am responding to your review is to defend my guests and Trip Advisor. You state that photos are photo shopped and the reviews are for promotional purposes implying that Trip Advisor's material is fake. At your review you did not mention that utility shops that where closed so I could not replace the plastic seat of the toilet. The weight of your luggage, which I never dropped. The utility of the '' green lights '' safety lights and the weather conditions. You also don't mention that your departure was already scheduled for the 10th and the other members of your party decided to follow you without expressing any complain giving me no chance. The only chance you gave me was your message asking for full refund before posting your review. This message has the full review that you were willing to withdraw or change if I refunded the full amount. Here is the part you left out from your review:
‘’ I would like a full refund for this booking given these circumstances. I await your response to my concerns at your earliest convenience. I have not yet posted this 100% factual review on the Trip Advisor site and will await your reply prior to doing so. The Trip Advisor name carries with it a good reputation which is major reason we utilized TA for our booking and I hope he reputation is as well deserved as we thought. Sincerely, Dr. Michael A. Breden. ‘’
This part is easily accessible to Trip Advisor to confirm.

Iakovos
Ali D
“Hands down the best experience ever.”
Reviewed 12 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016
people found this review helpful

Soo many things to say about this place, keeping it short it's an amazing place in the middle and the highest point in the island, you can see the whole island in a panoramic view. Has the best sunset you, the one's you see in pictures.
The actual villa is so relaxing, two bedrooms/baths with a living room and a sofa bed, and a kitchen, literally everything you'd need.
The ground floor has a balcony and a terrace to enjoy the view but who cares when you have a private roof top!! All for yourself, used to have breakfast there everyday and just spend the whole day there turning on music (of which you have speakers to enjoy) and just enjoying the view.
The hot tub was amazing aswell giving you an infinity-like tub which is always good to take pictures at lol.
The staff was amazing as well, the owner gave us his details from day one and anything we wanted to book or do he'll gladly arrange it to us and actually bring it to the villa! Amazing guy. There's a maid as well well which cooks breakfast everyday, which we had no idea about.
It's just the perfect place to stay at, very calm and relaxing which is exactly the thing you want when you go to Santorini.
Really miss it, highly recommend it to everyone.

Aziz_lmr
“Best possible service in a heavenly place”
Reviewed 10 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016
people found this review helpful

This place had services that are tailored to your needs and desires. The view from the place is what you see in movies. The owner of the villa is amazing. Plus there is free netflix too!

11 Apr 2016
I had a great time accommodating you and i recommend these guys to every host i wish we will meet soon maybe in UK. Give my regards and kisses to the other two and snapchat me :) !
Iakovos
Camnal
Sydney, Australia
“Perfect Location”
Reviewed 5 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015
people found this review helpful

We stayed in this villa with 3 children aged 5,9,11. The villa was very quaint and comfortable and the Manager made the whole family feel welcome. The view from the kitchen window is the best view in the whole of Greece and then you walk up to the spacious roof top area, slip into the jacuzzi and the view just gets better! The location is ideal as it is situated between the two main villages which can become very crowded when the cruise ships are in town. Imerovigli is a sanctuary away from the tourist strips and I can't recommend it highly enough. Thank you for a wonderful Santorini experience!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The roof top area with lounges and jacuzzi
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
9 Oct 2015
Tank you Cameron for your kind review . I hope you had a relaxed and full of memories time at Malteza private villa. I ant to think you again for choosing us for your stay ! And see you soon either in Australia or back here in Santorini!
With regards
Iakovos Dakoutros
Lianwei D
Fira, Greece
“Fantastic place to stay in Santorini”
Reviewed 26 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

As the title, it is a fantastic place to stay in Santorini. Nice location with nice view, the pool is my basic need for choose a hotel, especial in Santorini with such beautiful view, you need a pool around you. The host is very nice and give me a lot of advise of restaurant and where to go. By the way they breakfast is also good, because the location where you have breakfast is amazing.

Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$551
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing