We were in one of the top rooms with a private terrace, outdoor double sunbed, and outdoor private jacuzzi. The room itself was perfect for the week, both modern and clean. Each day the room would be cleaned and fresh towels provided. The views of the caldera from the terrace were stunning. You could see Akrotiri, Skaros Rock, Thirasia Island, the two volcanic islands, and the coastal path round to Oia. The sunset from our balcony was breathtaking, even better than in Oia. Every morning we were served a lovely breakfast to our balcony, which we chose the evening before. You can also gain free access to the hotel below to use their pool and sunbeds (highly recommended).
The hotel staff were extremely helpful, kind and friendly. They gave us good recommendations for things to do, restaurants, transport options, and were really accommodating throughout. The little touches such as a cake on my birthday, a glass of wine here and there etc. were much appreciated. Thank you.
We chose the private transfer to and from the airport, which took about 20 minutes and cost 23 euros each for 2 ways - worth doing.
In terms of location, Imerovigli is not the buzzy bubbly place like Fira is, but it is quiet, idyllic, peaceful and lovely, with a couple of restaurants and bars. Fira is only a 20-30 minute walk, and Oia is about a 15-20 min drive. It's the highest town of the island so it can get windy on the terrace. Given that Imerovigli is fairly central in the island, it was easy and quick to get anywhere. The public buses are good, and very cheap, but very unreliable. We ended up using a quad bike to get everywhere. The views and the sunsets are stunning from Imerovigli and I would recommend to watch the sunset from here rather than go to overcrowded Oia. There is also a small super market right opposite which was great for buying water/suncream/snacks etc.
Recommendations of things to do:
- Santo Wines Winery for wine tasting and dinner at sunset - I recommend booking a table in advance.
- Hire an ATV/Quad bike and explore the island - the bigger the quad the more stable and safe it felt. Also easier to go off the beaten track along the dirt tracks to explore little beaches etc. Just a note not to necessarily rent one from the first shop you come across, and they all vary a little on price and also on quality, so choose carefully.
- Santorini sailing catamaran cruise (including red beach, white beach, lighthouse, hot springs, bbq on board, Thirasia, and Amoudi Bay)
- Fira to Oia hike
- Amoudi bay for seafood restaurants
- Kambia beach for quiet swimming and lovely local taverna
- Kamari beach for the atmosphere and the bubbly bars and restaurants
A fantastic stay at Villa Lukas! Thank you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Imerovigli, one of the most beautiful villages on Santorini, 400m above sea level on the northwest side of the island, you can find the Villa Lukas. located in an advantageous position it is easily accessible by our guests.Built with respect for our Cycladic architectural tradition and regard for your absolute comfort, our apartments - superior studios fully equipped and offer from their ample private verandas a unique-amazing view of Caldera (the name of our black volcanic cliffs), the volcano as well as the renowned sunset of Santorini. Our exceptional service with special emphasis to the cleanliness, our friendly attitude, all await to make your holidays an experience of a lifetime. If you choose us for your holiday, we’ll be delighted to serve you in any desired way. Villa Lukas is 2 km from Fira (the capital of Santorini), 7 km from the airport and 10 km from the port. It is 4 Km from the nearest beach. Our complex is a very short distance from the local bus station (100m). You can also find taverns, restaurants, cafes, confectioneries, super markets, mini markets, souvenir shops, tourist offices. All, in a distance from 10m to 200m. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Villa Lukas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.