All reviews howler monkeys natural pool private beach swimming hole costa rica yoga pavilion there is no air conditioning spent a week here hiking trails tropical paradise flora and fauna bird watching breathtaking views bahia ballena national park low tide pura vida
Reviewed 20 October 2018

La Cusinga is in a beautiful setting with charming casitas, wonderful restaurants and fun trails. I have never stayed at La Cusinga but I love the setting right on the water, great bird watching, fun trails and fabulous food. I go there every time I’m in CR!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 October 2018

You must not miss! This place is great in every single way. Amazing wiew on the ocean, food and servis in restaurant was excellent. Do it!
We really like this place and we will come next year with family.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

I had the unique opportunity to spend 3 days in this beautiful eco lodge, hidden in the middle of the jungle where humans and wildlife are in perfect harmony (spotted even a puma near the main entrance)! The rooms are very spacious, nicely decorated and perfectly matching the tropical landscape of the region with balconies overlooking the ocean and the forest. All the lodge's staff was very professional and helpful and definitely made my stay unforgettable. Nice self guided trails to explore the area including trails leading to La cusinga's private beach and natural "pool"! The highlight of the lodge is its communal area where you can spend hours watching the whales passing by and listening to the sounds of the forest. I will definitely come back!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

I visited the Cusinga Lodge last weekend and I just can tell this place is amazing, the view, the room (rustic concept, no tv, no a/c just fans but it’s so comfortable), the natural pool, I love it, it’s a quiet place where you just hear the monkeys and the toucans! The only thing we found (my boyfriend and I) needs improvement is the breakfast, I know this is not a big hotel and having a buffet can be a waste but the taste or portion sizes can be better. But it was easy to find other places to have breakfast or lunch nearby.

I would definitely visit the Cusinga again :)

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2018

Single dad traveling with my 3 kids age 7, 10 and 13 - we just loved this place - there is a secluded private beach that is a 20 min hike from the restaurant that is so worth the hike down that is only accessible to guests, it was just incredible - also the place is built into the rainforest and so the wildlife is wandering all around - we saw monkeys, toucans, turkeys, all kinds of birds, reco waking up at 515am to watch the jungle wake in the morn, the sounds are so interesting in the morn right as the sub comes up - highly reco this place - you don t have to do anything tours - just wander the property - also the swimming hole is worthwhile - it was like a natural infinity pool 5 min walk from the restaurant! LOVED this eco lodge near Uvita!

Date of stay: August 2018