Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
Travelocity
Destinia.com
All reviews kura design villas our honeymoon infinity pool master suite costa rica double rain shower ceviche whale's tail staff set dream come true hotel is beautiful incredible views dietary restrictions main area food was wonderful one of a kind a special place
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 July 2020

To try to put down the experience at Kùra in words is really tough. If I could I would give it 6 stars instead of 5. The staff really exceeds your expectations in all parts of your stay - from check in to check out. During our stay we enjoyed all our meals in the restaurant as well as one massage each at the spa. Truly amazing relaxation.

Date of stay: August 2019
2  Thank williammathiassabel
Reviewed 22 March 2020 via mobile

truly superior experience all the way around (accommodations, service, views, food, and privacy). The staff are more like a Family than co-workers.

a little hard to get to but worth it. we recommend Suite #7. possibly the nicest room we have ever stayed in.

Pura Vita!

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank gregandmelissasmith
Reviewed 10 March 2020 via mobile

I almost don’t want to review Kura because I don’t want the secret to get out, but this place is just amazing. There are only 8 rooms (suites really) and it’s adults only so there’s no way to feel crowded. From the welcome drinks to the service staff remembering our names and favorite foods the experience was personal and as welcoming as humanly possible. In all directions there are epic views, abundant trees and wildlife. The rooms are modern and eco-conscious with stylish accents and huge windows. The food is wonderful and made on site with excellent attention to detail and dietary restrictions. I have Celiac Disease and the staff were all very careful with food preparation. I felt like I ate like a queen all week and didn’t get sick once. I really can’t say enough wonderful things about Kura and I hope you’ll stay here if you are able. It will make a lasting impression and you won’t be sorry. A week after we got home we had already made plans to return.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2020

This vacation was like a dream come true. The beauty, the attention to detail, the friendliness. I truly didn't want to leave. Not only was the staff very professional, but they also made us feel like family. I enjoyed learning about them as much as I enjoyed the scenery. They anticipated our needs and even went so far as to surprise my beau with aloe after getting sunburn and moving the umbrellas constantly throughout the day to provide him with shade.

We almost never return to a destination twice, but for Kura I believe there will be an exception.

Date of stay: March 2020
1  Thank ecoarts
Reviewed 1 March 2020

Kura Design Villas is a boutique, adults-only hotel high in the Uvita rainforest with just 8 suites all of which have panoramic views over the iconic Whale's Tail of Uvita.
It certainly is a unique place to stay, although the minimalist architect design may not quite be everyone's cup of tea.  Everything looks fabulous here at first sight, but scratch the surface a little and you soon discover that the sacrifice for that is a compromise on practicalities which can irritate you after a little while.

The sun shades don't shade the sun loungers.  The coat hangers won't hold your clothes.  The hammock looks fantastic, but is really hard to get in and out of.  The closet is too short for a long dress.  There are no locks on any of the doors - including the door to your bungalow, which may not be to everyone's taste (although there is a room safe). The road up to the hotel is extremely steep and accessible only with a 4x4 vehicle.  We were very glad to have booked a private transfer driver for this trip.

I won't go on, because ultimately, this has been a really relaxing place to stay.  The location is stunning and the staff worked very hard to make our stay great. The infinity pool has a 180 degree view of the sea and mountains and you can swim with vultures circling overhead. There is a complimentary laundry service - always a great bonus at the end of a long trip!

Checkout my travel blog (no ads. - just an honest view from someone who has actually been there!) for our full itinerary and practical insider tips. View my trip report for my top ten "must dos" for a luxury trip to Costa Rica.

Date of stay: February 2020