All reviews clean rooms costa rica hot water nice pool great place to stay felipe tv candles jungle
Reviewed 5 March 2018

I've been traveling to Uvita for about 5 years now. Usually I stay at a friends place but I couldn't swing that this time, so I started looking for a nice hotel. When I found Luz de Luna I was instantly ready to book because I saw that the hotel restaurant is La Fogata. La Fogata is one of my favorite spots to eat in Uvita so I figured my family (who I was playing tour guide and travel agent for) and I would all be happy. We were. The staff is great, the rooms are clean and air conditioned, theres a nice pool, its not far from anything (as far as Uvita goes), and of course the breakfasts that are included are wonderful. It's operated by local Costa Ricans which is great too.
It's worth the stay!

Date of stay: February 2018
1  Thank Dustin C
Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

The restaurant on site had terrific food. The servers got slow after your food arrived, which made it a challenge to get that second glass of wine. The owner Felipe was awesome. I would stay there again due to Felipe, the food, and the location. You have to check it out for yourself!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

Place came thru clutch when we were looking for a place last minute. The free breakfast and pool with the reasonable price was an added bonus. Only knock is that the shower wouldn’t drain but they were nice about it.

Date of stay: January 2018
Reviewed 22 January 2018

Owner , Felipe , is super nice , has a well trained friendly staff, clean rooms with TV and AC, lovely bathroom, deck and pool.
Great restaurant adjacent, the food is excellent and they gave me my breakfast way beyond the “ 9 “ am time . In the evening you can relax in a cozy seating area with candles and local music - and they let me sit there even after they had left.
There is parking by the hotel,
Wifi not always working in rooms, but definitely in restaurant area.
I stayed there last summer for 2 weeks. I will for sure stay there again.

Room tip: Upstairs is quieter , if the hotel is full
Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Hotel Luz de Luna is a quaint little hotel with clean rooms, ac and a wonderful little restaurant! Candles, soft reggae and comfortable seating make this little hotel in the jungle a great place for couples and families alike! Hot water and friendly staff make this place an even better stay! We would definitely stay again!

Date of stay: August 2017