“Perfect !”
other traveller has booked this property
Seahorse House, in the jungle hills, gurgling stream, wildlife
Your terrace overlooking the pool and river. Modern kitchen
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Seahorse House, in the jungle hills, gurgling stream, wildlife
Your terrace overlooking the pool and river.
Modern kitchen
Second bedroom.
Flowing river, swimming and a waterfall.
Master bedroom with private bath.
Living area, TV not shown
Swimming pool that sparkles at night.
Stone stairway, leading to the Talapia pond and waterfall.
Terrace overlooking the pool and river.
Waterfall on the property.
Monkey crossing the road to Seahorse House.
Dinning on the Terrace
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

lesab33
Toronto, Canada
“Perfect !”
Reviewed 13 December 2017 for a stay in November 2017

I had already been in Uvita early this year so was a bit familiar with the area. I wanted a quick & cheap stop only in Uvita to show my grandaughter. I was looking at cheap hotels and viewed many places. Once I expanded my searches I came upon this place and knew it was perfect. We stayed 3 nights only (wish we wouldn't stayed longer..) The home is as lovely as the photos but to my surprise it was more foresty. I really wished I would of stayed longer. I loved the sound of the stream. I did rent a vehicle for this portion of my trip and got to know that road very well. Very short drive to the main road which gave you easy access all over.
Sue was just lovely. Her 2 dogs and he neighboring dog poppi would visit frequently.
The area is very safe which was a bit of concern as I have heard of the shanangans that happen in other areas of Uvita. This area is very safe. Neighbors all look out for each other.
There is the river which has a lovely little waterfall hidden away which Sue was excited to show us.
I highly recommend staying here. Lovely home and a great host.

debramcne...
Northampton, Massachusetts
“Bird Watchers Paradise”
Reviewed 1 March 2017 for a stay in February 2017

We had a wonderful time at Casa Sea Horse. Sueanne is a friendly, gracious host with knowledge of all the local attractions. Mornings were delightful, sitting on the porch with our coffee watching bright, beautiful birds and mariposas drift through the tropical landscape and listening to the monkeys in the distance. Day time adventures were bountiful and close at hand. We visited 6 different beautiful beaches within a 5 to 30 minute drive. We enjoyed hiking to waterfalls and kayaking in the mangrove. The pool is relaxing and so refreshing. Each evening we went to a mountain of beach side restaurant for magnificent sunset views. The house was spacious, cool and had everything we needed to eat and relax in comfort. We hope to visit again soon!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
2 Mar 2017
Thank you for staying at Seahorse House.
skippy225
Madison, Wisconsin
“Perfect Costa Rica experience”
Reviewed 21 November 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Seahorse House was just what we expected from the description. So quick and easy to access beaches, grocery store, restaurants, etc. The neighborhood is rural, Ticos, farms, open land. Very safe area. The house is well equipped, beds are comfortable, wifi is good. There's a nice grill poolside, as well as a fully equipped kitchen. The owner lives on the property with her 2 friendly, well behaved dogs. Sue was helpful in giving directions, and setting us up with local tours. I will stay here next visit to Uvita Costa Rica.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: close to beaches and town but a quiet retreat with pool and nature
Liked least: my friend's cooking!
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
21 Nov 2016
Thank you.
stacey p
Uvita, Costa Rica
“Really Nice!!”
Reviewed 5 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

We enjoyed our stay at Casa de Cabalito del Mar (Seahorse House). Sue was a gracious host - we were welcomed our first day with cold coconut water in the fridge and fresh flowers on the veranda. Sue takes pride in her rental and it shows. New plates, pots and pans, Tupperware, great appliances, an awesome blender (great for smoothies!) were all supplied. The beds were comfortable and both bedrooms had new soft and wonderful linens.
Casa de Cabalito del Mar is super convenient – about 5 minutes to the main road and super close to great supermarkets and restaurants in Uvita. We felt very safe here, plus there is a locking pagoda for your luggage and a small safe for any valuables you might bring with you (phones and passports – don’t bring nice jewelry here no one wears it.) It’s very quiet with a stream running through the property that is quite soothing to listen to. My hubby and I loved to drink our morning coffee on the front veranda and watch the birds and morpho butterflies go by. There are fans in every room and on the front veranda plus A/C (if necessary - we didn't need it) in the bedrooms and great room. Internet was super-fast – we were able to stream music and get on the internet and Netflix no problem (kind of a rarity in Costa Rica we have found out).
Sue is a local and can introduce you to all the local things to do including a pick-up softball game on Saturdays and a volleyball game on Sundays. Plus, she is a Pilates instructor so if you feel like getting your fitness on while you are here you can take a class!
Uvita is a great town to visit, centrally located and there is tons do in the Southern Pacific Zone. Casa de Cabalito del Mar is a great place to stay to enjoy it. Thanks Sue!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;