See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

After walking the 17 miles from Monmouth, I was ready to stop anywhere. The hotel was a surprise in many ways. I think there were only a couple of guests so it was very quiet. Comfortable beds. The restaurant was well priced with very good steaks and other options. The staff was very friendly and helpful with suggestions and information.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 May 2017

Having had a really friendly experience when booking our accommodation we were disappointed on arrival to find that we hadn't been given all the information required as we were in the family room which consists of two bedrooms but one of them was with no windows with one bed adjacent to the bathroom door. We had dinner in the hotel and were disappointed with the food and lack of interest of the staff in describing it. Eg. when asked what salads were available we were told a bit of lettuce, tomato or cucumber! After dinner we asked for mint tea and this was not available either. We did have a better experience at breakfast and were given a good packed lunch which we had ordered the night before. This hotel is adequate but I would not recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for away from the road as it is quite noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Abigail574
Reviewed 23 April 2017

The hotel is located next to the main Hereford-Abergavenny road but you would barely realise it as the hotel was incredibly quiet. The car park is big also, so there is plenty of room for parking.

The food was absolutely superb with both the breakfasts and evening meals being delicious.

The owners were very welcoming, friendly and helpful, where no request was any bother for them, which I really appreciated.

The wi-fi signal can fluctuate at times, but it was free and available throughout the hotel.

Room Tip: I ordered a single room but was bumped up to a double room due to availability, which was appreciated.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank 94thMinute
Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

Visited for a racehorse owners business meeting. Never been here before but the hospitality was very efficient and the bacon rolls and coffee were exceptional. I will definitely return next time I am in the area.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank TheBillionaire007
Reviewed 10 February 2017

I enjoyed my stay here although it was only short. The owners are both very welcoming, friendly and helpful. My room was lovely, very comfortable and clean. I used the hotel as a base to explore the area around Abergavenny and it was perfect for my needs.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo