Lowest prices for your stay
US$160
View deal
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
All reviews stayed here comfortable hotel disappointing experience nice room kippers a lovely stay evening meal and breakfast pudding route
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 September 2020

We stayed here as part of the NC500 route. Our room was at the front and had recently been refurbished. The receptionist apologised for the state of the corridor. The room was clean and decorated in a vibrant lime green and purple, quite a shock to the senses at 4 o’clock in the afternoon! I liked the walk in shower, but my husband found the small sink with a large tap difficult to splash his face before a shave. I couldn’t find an extractor fan ?
For dinner I opted for the roast I was a bit surprised that it was served with boiled potatoes? To follow the sticky toffee. Nice sauce but pudding was hard.
We pre-ordered breakfast. Before I could open the packet of cereal, however, a lady carrying a very large kipper arrived. Almost like a sketch out of Faulty Towers!
When we came to check out we were told by a loud voice - "you should have done this last night”

Date of stay: September 2020
2  Thank sandyj702
Reviewed 3 September 2020 via mobile

An overnight stay during our holiday.
The rooms were clean and equipped with tea and coffee.
Breakfast was adequate.
Maybe a refurb of the outside seating area is due
Friendly staff but overall average accommodation.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2020 via mobile

Thin walls and creaky floorboards with the hotel bar below made for a less than peaceful night’s sleep. No redemption at breakfast unfortunately, as the cooked breakfast was served too early (just as we were beginning our cereal) and the poached eggs were overdone and toast soggy. To top it off staff were unfriendly and seemed uncaring.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Rachlc85
Reviewed 10 August 2020 via mobile

Hugely disappointing stay Lairg. After a wonderful dinner at The Pier, we arrived back at the Highland Hotel to be shouted at by a older woman for checking in late. I tried to explain I was there earlier and half the party was checked in but the others were going to be late which the receptionist agreed to so I was surprised to be met with such hostility when we returned. The older women repeatedly snapped at both myself, my husband and the 2 others we were travelling with - customer service was non existent.

The real issue here was the cleanliness or lack thereof. There were stains on the bed sheets, spill marks on the bed side table and a hair that came in our breakfast. I ended up getting my flash wipes and cleaning the whole room and bathroom myself at 11pm and sleeping on top of the sheets. For £100 a night I was less than impressed.

Would highly advise people stay elsewhere - rooms should be clean as a minimum never mind whilst we are in the middle of a pandemic.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 220tasht
Reviewed 15 November 2019

I stayed here for 1 night with work earlier this month - all the members of staff I spoke to during my stay were helpful, and my room was really nice, looked like it had been recently refurbished. Food was good too. Would happily stay again. Just hope the weather is better next time!! :)

Date of stay: November 2019