All reviews training hotel taster menu junior suite spa facilities groupon voucher steam room catering college wine flight college campus secret escapes lovely hotel three course meal east kent visited this hotel hotel restaurant separate shower sunday evening
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

When I read I was staying in a hotel which was owned by a college and staffed by students I didn’t know what to expect. What I should have expected was fantastic service, a beautiful hotel, warm and friendly staff and delicious food and wines.

Honestly, this place is brilliant.

Upon arriving I was greeted by a young male student who immediately offered to take my bags, during the evening service the students were keen to impress with their politeness and high standard of service. The food was absolutely delicious (especially the treacle sour dough!).

As for the rooms; they are immaculate and well furnished. The bed was gigantic and extremely comfortable and the bathroom was immaculately clean and modern.

The breakfast is generous in the morning (though I only had poached eggs on toast) but once again, it’s such a lovely feeling to be greeted and served by such delightful students.

I would love to stay here again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank DrewWalsh
Reviewed 5 June 2018

A nice hotel, very clean with very friendly and helpful staff and a 5min walk to the sea front. A major let down though was the useless WiFi, logged on easy enough but could not use it in any part of the hotel extremely, extremely slow to non existent. Not good enough for 2018.

Room Tip: We stayed in a deluxe room very spacious
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dwain39
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at The Yarrow for a couple of nights with breakfast included. The room was a deluxe room which was spacious and very clean. All the public areas were spotless. The breakfast was nice and everything was fresh and good quality, a fruit salad rather than whole fruit would make a nice alternative but hard to fault.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PFletcher6
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed two nights in this lovely hotel. We arrived hot and a bit flustered but Jenna welcomed us and immediately we felt better. The accessible room was lovely and bright. All the staff were helpful and well trained .my brother had booked the restaurant for twelve and his grandson . The meal was absolutely delicious and a very high standard. Next morning the breakfast was very good. We will stay here again

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Sparrowtravel
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed overnight to enjoy an evening’s taster menu. Rooms are large and comfortable.Menu good with accompanying wines - fish and veloute particularly good!! Staff professional when dealing with an obnoxious guest! Breakfast was good but not as good as our previous visit- mine warm rather than hot. Haunted by the annoying guest who dominated the restaurant again during breakfast.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple