“Super ”

Cuisines: American, Irish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Myself and a friend went for a night out in dungarvan and this place was excellent can’t wait to return and staff couldn’t do enough for us !!

Reviewed 19 June 2018

we had just arrived in Ireland earlier in the day, and decided we'd take a drive to my favorite town of Dungarvan. I had a favorite restaurant that was closed so we went over to Merrys and it was lovely. I just had a Cesar Salad - and I really enjoy the way they are prepared in Ireland and this was very good.. Chicken was good with it, etc., The "boys" had fish and chips and really did enjoy their dinner. I'm definitely going back next time I'm in Dungarvan.

1  Thank MsK48979
Reviewed 12 June 2018

Dungarvan Bay shimmered in the June heat. Tide was in and the moored yachts gave it a flavour of the Cote dAzur. I have always loved this town but in Saturday it stole my heart again. I was there to meet up with family for a celebration lunch and to see how my two eldest grandchildren were getting on as school was out and the long hopefully hot summer stretched in the distance. The Fort on the quay was busy and the sound of laughter in the bars and cafes added to the fun. We chose to head off the quay to the much loved Merrys Gastro Pub for a quieter lunch. As before we were greeted pleasantly and given a family table . The menu is not large but always the food is good and well presented. Three chose the Cod with fries and mushy peas , two had the scrumptious burger and the 16yr old had a soup to die for , but added some fries to fill the gap since an early breakfast. Cokes for the folks and beer for the guys were ordered. The portions of gorgeous beer battered cod seemed a trifle small but we had no sooner tucked in than the charming waitress came to tell us that we were getting more as the cod was on the dainty side. Icecream sundaes followed for the teenagers and a selection of coffees for the oldies. All came to a very reasonable 100Euro for the six which was great value.

Dungarvan is buzzing and with the opening of the Waterford Greenway Cycle route on the old railway track from Waterford City, is bringing business and busyness to a great country town, With Ardmore and its Michilin restaurant a few miles away and Lismore with its historic Castle down the road, miles of blue flag beaches and water sports available in the bay, what more could a family want. Go there, it wont disappoint.

Reviewed 9 June 2018

Stayed in Dungarvan for a week, and ate at Merry’s five times. Great home made soups, good portions, reasonably priced wines (try the Bardolino) , staff busy but attentive.
Make a reservation for most evenings.

Reviewed 6 June 2018

Highly recommended in the heart of the town of Dunvargan. The food and drink are very enjoyable. Sit at the bar and enjoy the company.