All reviewshomemade jamsoutstanding hostswealth of informationworld travelsbreakfast was deliciousensuite bathroomrecent stayeach morningcommon areasdaily breakfastsmall fridgeperfect spotpleasure of stayingyogurtbreakfast roomrental carwine tasting
Reviewed 19 June 2018

We had the pleasure of staying at this fabulous B&B during a recent stay in the area. The hosts are simply amazing and very accommodating. The breakfast was delicious and our room was comfortable. Robert and Cecilia helped with with directions for our travels as well as provided support when we had rental car issues. We felt like family and really enjoyed our time here. I would definitely recommend for anyone visiting this beautiful area.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2018

The owners of the Palazzina Cesira are wonderful people: kind, lovely to talk to, and very helpful. My wife and I felt well cared for. We enjoyed the delicious breakfast each morning. After being in NY, Milan, and Rome, Montalcino felt like an oasis, and Palazinna Cesira was the perfect place to stay. I hope to return to Montalcino one day, and when I do I will choose to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

We were 3 couples and, at my behest, asked our walking company to book this place instead of their recommended options. The common rooms in this home are beautifully furnished and appointed. But the rooms we were given were not equivalent at all. Ours was 1/4 the size of the suites and the bathroom was disappointingly small with no place to set anything. I thought the linens of poor quality and the bed spread dodgy. We had trouble storing our bags so that they were accessible, there were too many tchotchkes on the small tables and they were probably lovely if you are an antique lover, but I don’t need this sort of thing taking up valuable space when I travel. The hosts were interesting. She was lovely, but he annoyed several of my friends with his “house rules”, dominating conversation and admonishing opinions. The first night we were asked if we wanted eggs for breakfast and that’s exactly what we got both days. I would have preferred to have another choice day 2. I’m afraid that I wouldn’t stay here again. Be aware, there are lots of steps to negotiate in the building and to access the suites in the palazzina.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2017

This is a great B&B. Robert and Cecilla are warm, outstanding hosts. They made us feel so comfortable and we just loved being there. Breakfast was excellent. The rooms are great. And Montalcino is a lovely little town. Robert is a wealth of information and provided great tips on sightseeing, dining and wine. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2017

We previously visited in October 2010 (see earlier review) and this 3 night revisit was all that we had anticipated. We booked directly with Roberto and Lucilla, via their web site, as this gave us 10% discount and daily breakfast. All guests receive a pass to allow free vehicle parking just 10 minutes walk away. We stayed in Camera Rosa. The bed was very comfortable and both fridge and coffee/tea tray were provided for convenience. Free WiFi was strong throughout the accommodation and there was a small flat-screen TV provided (no English channels). The ensuite bathroom provided a good shower and all necessities. Roberto and Lucilla are deservedly proud of their excellent guest reviews. They take obvious delight in ensuring that guests are well looked-after and after 20 years are expert in this. Lucilla may ask you for your breakfast preference the night before (croissant, cheese ommelette, scrambled or fried egg) and this is complemented by cereal, yoghurt, tea/coffee, fruit juice, fresh bread and fruit or cakes. It was declicious with Lucilla's homemade jam. At breakfast end, either Lucilla or Roberto will take time to chat and suggest a possible local day itinerary taking in guest interests. Montalcino is a delighful village and Palazzina Cesira is located in the historic centre close to the main square. There are many restaurants to choose from to suit all pockets. Before our arrival day Lucilla made a table reservation for us for our first evening meal (Ristorante Taverna del Grappolo Blu). We also ate at Restaurant San Giorgio (next door). Both provided excellent meals. Lucilla remarked that few guests come from UK, thinking that they prefer to visit "Chianti-shire". If this is true, then they are missing a wonderful experience. Thankyou, we may see you again! Stuart & Sarah.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Scubascubydoo
PALAZZINACESIRA, Owner at Palazzina Cesira, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2017

Dear Stuart and Sarah,
Thank you for your very kind words and detailed description of Palazzina Cesira. It is always a very special pleasure for us to have guests return. Thank you again for your stay.
Roberto and Lucilla