Reviews (1 206)
1 206 results
All reviews villa carlotta travel department lake view riviera travel antipasti fifth floor soup or pasta floor restaurant swimming pool busy road grand staircase anti pasti reception area large hotel dining room is stayed here for a week breakfast and dinner
31 - 36 of 1 206 reviews
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

We visited this hotel as part of our honeymoon. From when we checked in, to our unexpected shortened stay due to a family bereavement, this hotel did their upmost to support us. ALL the staff were supportive, gracious and kind during our stay. We can’t thank them enough during this difficult time.

Hotel is clean and quiet.
Staff are polite, kind, helpful, and multi-lingual.
Rooms are perfect, spacious. Cleaned every day (unless you request otherwise) towels for pool area are provided and can be freshened for next use.
Evening entertainment was great. Karaoke night was my fave (Thursdays).
A big variety of cocktails!
Location is beautiful.

Massive thank you to everyone at this hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sian I
DanieleTag, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Grand Hotel Cadenabbia, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Dear Sian
Thank you for awarding us with 5 out of 5, we are most grateful that you took the time.
We hope to welcome you back again and please do not hesitate to get in touch with us directly.
A big big hug to you and your family in this difficult moment.
Kind regards

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

I must admit, reading the other reviews I was worried about our stay. I'm very picky and was concerned that I'd hate it.

However, I'm pleased to report that we had a wonderful stay.

Room: we booked a quadruple room for my husband, myself and two young boys. We had a garden view on the first floor, which we were more than happy about. It was also close to the small play area. The room was of a good size and the bathroom adaquate (although I did slip in the bath).

Pool: My boys love being in water and loved the pool.

Restaurant: food was good. There was in fact too much food. In the end we chose the buffet starter, a main course and the buffet dessert. There was lots of choice to satisfy everyone. Breakfast was also good

I'd contacted the hotel by email to request to be on the same floor as family (who had booked separately) and they happily obliged.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would happily return.

1  Thank TravellingLady84

Dear TravellindLady84,

thank you for your review of the Grand Hotel Cadenabbia.

It is a great pleasure to read your compliments regarding our pool area and our clean and comfortable rooms.

I am delighted that you were impressed with the quality of breakfast and dinner offerings.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Lovely hotel, the roof terrace was amazing! Breakfast was so so, lots of space but not a lot out, rooms were lovely but we did request lake views with balcony and apparently one room was upgraded which had a balcony but stairs to the bathroom, the other room altho huge and the tinest little terrace, which to me does not a balcony make. The room with balcony and the gutter full of rain empty and flood on to it so had be careful as wet feet onto marble was very dangerous! If u r driving be prepared to hand over your car keys, took me back a bit as not read that before. Reception was helpful and we got boat easily enough over to bellagio and we booked the St. Moritz trip, that trip could have done without the coffee stops and much more time in St. Moritz, we just had enough time for lunch and visit the chocolate shop then had to go! So definitely some replanning for that but otherwise a great trip! Not enough around if you’re a bit fed up of pasta and pizza, But still a gorgeous setting and pool is cold so be warned, also try get second floor too, we did book a year in advance and got first floor and it’s very noisy and saw rooms with balconies slightly higher so was disappointed considering we did book so very early x

1  Thank Kelly S
DanieleTag, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Grand Hotel Cadenabbia, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Dear kelly,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.
You originally booking was for 2 rooms with lake view and balcony and we free upgraded you in 2 j suite ,one with terrace and one with balcony ( as your reservation ).
At the check in we informed you about , also regarding the fact that one room was split level and such a superior rooms are located only in a first floor ,so I'm quite surprised you are complaining about.
The keys are left to the reception only if parked in a double row or in the unloading area of the coaches for obvious organizational reasons.
I hope to see you again soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 18 August 2018

Tea and coffee makings were late to arrive but were much appreciated when they did arrive. The lifts are plentiful However, they appear to have a mind of their own, travelling up and down out of sequence.

Room Tip: lake side with view
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Adyclick,
Thank you for taking the time to review us.
In the last few weeks we equipped all the rooms with tea and coffee facilities.
I am delighted you have enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 16 August 2018

We experience a fantastic week at the hotel. My wife and I with my two children could not have been looked after any better.
Upon arrival (midnight) the hotel receptionist welcomed us with a lovely manner and recognised that we had a long day travelling.
On arrival to the room it was extremely spacious for all four of us, the mini bar in the room was unexpected, comfortable beds, clean, air con spot on and a lovely view of the lake from our windows.
The breakfast was varied and presented well. Nice to see grapefruit and orange juice with bits in it.
The Evening meal was varied and in our opinion was well cooked and varied. My only minor negatives were the bottle neck forming into the resturant at busy times and the price of bottled water.
The pool was cleaned each morning, not the biggest but fine for us. Sun loungers well spaced out and located in good places all-around to cater for different sun level needs.
During our stay a wedding was planned, unfortunately it started to rain on that evening, we felt for the wedding couple as it would have been a great evening had it been dry for them, to the point, all the staff rallied around at the last minute to sit them in the restaurant. Naturally this put pressure in the existing customers and seating arrangements but we just made allowances for this unforeseen circumstance and got on with it.
All the team were exceptional but to name a few, Claudia, Binesh, Giuseppe & Luca, many thanks to you guys.
All in all, a great stay, well looked after and I recommend you take a look.

2  Thank malcolmc787
DanieleTag, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Grand Hotel Cadenabbia, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Dear Malcolm787,
Thank you for taking the time to share a review following your stay with us at Grand Hotel Cadenabbia.
It is a delight to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and the friendly attentive service that all the restaurant team delivered were particular highlights for you.
We hope to welcome you back to stay with us again on your next trip to Lake Como.
Kind regards