We just returned from our first trip to Amalfi Coast. We had a wonderful time in the Villa and everyone was very attentive & accommodating to all of our needs, no matter how large or small. The staff was extremely warm & friendly, always readily available to assist. The Villa is immaculate, the property is very well kept, spacious, and beautiful & the view is breathtaking! The pool is fantastic in the afternoons along with the solarium terrace. It truly is a home away from home; all you need is to bring your luggage!
+ Stunning views from the balconies and rooms
+ Good Quality furnishings
+ Property is in excellent condition
+ Large and Spacious and kitted out well
+ Parking available for 3 vehicles
+ Would be perfect for groups of 20/30-something couples without children. (older patrons might want to seek something a little less on the hillside (see negatives)
- 180 steps from the road to the front door (whilst this might not sound like much, the steps are sometimes double height. So in the sun, whilst carrying luggage or food supplies (or in our case small children) its exhausting work.
- this is not a child friendly property. There are too many steps. Despite saying that they allow children to stay, if you have any children under the age of 12, I'd avoid it.
- similarly, if you have any mobility issues or aren't that fit - avoid.
- the pool is not heated, and despite the ambient temperature being very hot, the water was too cold to spend anymore than a minute in it. This meant that our plans of lounging by the pool in the afternoon could not happen.
- getting around the area is hard work. The town it is in is not large and there isn't much to do there. There is a bus to Amalfi, but its random as to when it arrives (and is often too full to take passengers).
- Driving is possible..but be warned, driving to Amalfi means negotiating really tight and busy roads (expect tour buses to block your path)...not to mention the 2-3km of traffic queues on the approach! Expect your vehicle to be damaged (so hire a small vehicle and take that extra insurance out!)
- You pay for electricity separately...so expect around £200 of bills AFTER renting the place!
- Dishwasher was broken / Air-conditioning in one room didn't work and wasn't available in one of the rooms at all.
- Finding the property is hard...the directions given were cryptic and no sat-nav co-ordinates of the parking area were provided.
|How helpful were the directions to the property?||How easy was key pickup/access to the property?|
|Overall condition of the property||Bedding & mattresses|
|Kitchen & utensils||Bathroom cleanliness|
|Other facilities & amenities|
Our group of 11 stayed at the villa for a week in June. The villa itself was very nice and well equipped although there were some things we were not completely satisfied with. We were the first group of the summer season and would have expected to have basic necessities Suvi as toilet paper, kitchen roll, dishwasher tables, coals etc.arriving late on Saturday afternoon when the shops were closed. The shower in the master bedroom didn't work and wasn't fixed during the whole week, which was a major drawback. The string of the door of the dishwasher did not work properly, so the heavy door falling quickly down, was dangerous for your legs. The local agent, Mrs. Serafina, was very nice and helpful and easy to contact. The same goes for the Agents-tähti of Exclusive Italian Villas, Giacomo Frediani and Francesca Andriotti, who were also helpful and responded quickly.
The pool area was excellent and very clean. The sunbeds were excelllent and the view was breathtaking. The villa was nicely decorated and there were a lot of beautiful dishes, so it was easy to prepare breakfast, even for a big family. We do a lot of recycling at home, but the garbage system in the villa didn't work very well, because certain types of garbage were collected only on one day of the week. The steps made it quite challenging to move around daily and it was also really difficult to carry your luggage up to the villa and down again when leaving. The supermarket was very good and not too far. Also, two local restaurants we ate in were excellent value for money and the food was good, too. Usually electricity is included in the rent of an exclusive villa like this, but we were only allowed to use 100 kilowatts per day and asked to pay extra if we usea more.
Getting around was a little challenging, although there is a local bus stop right in front of the villa. The buses didn't run after nine p.m. The taxis were very expensive and hard to get, if not booked in avanneet.
These were just minor points and all in all we really liked staying in the villa in the nice village with a relaxing local atmosphere without crowds of tourists.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|