“ Perfect to watch sports!”

Alkionis Sports Bar & Grill
Ranked #23 of 109 Restaurants in Ialyssos
Price range: US$4 - US$35
Cuisines: Greek, Steakhouse, International, Grill
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Alkionis Sports Bar & Grill . Rhodes most equipped sports bar . A very modern new place made to a very high standard . Very friendly environment to families kids and disabled people.We are confident we can supply on demand any televised sporting event in the world . All day menu from breakfast and snacks to a full dinner menu cooked from our British chef. Dishes such as prime steaks to British classics and Greek dishes . Also a selection of Scandinavian and Dutch specialities . Our kids menu is loved by our young customers. The amazing bar boasts the biggest selection of draught beers and ciders in rhodes. Also the best selection of bottled beers from all over europe . And for the ladies a vast selection of cocktails prepared from our experienced staff the way they should be made. Free WI FI, 30 UHD 4K TV screens, pool tables, full length snooker table, a selection of amusement games. Huge seating arrangement. small parties can be catered for on request. With all this we can confidently provide you & family the best day & night in Rhodes . Thank you and we await your visit . have a great holiday .
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Staff was chaotic, but really friendly. Portions of food are really big, but not very tasty.. maybe because it was a really busy night.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We can't rate this place highly enough.
I think they had every drink you could think of, plus more. Cocktails 6.50 Euro, beers, ciders around 4.00 Euro - again so much choice.

If you have children, they won't be bored - numerous TVs showing various sports, Mr bean etc and pool tables, snooker table, darts and a playstation which is free to use.

We have eaten here a few times, and the meals are not only of a fantastic quality, but also decent portion sizes. Even the kids menu steak and chips was a very generous size. Sat here writing this post after trying their Sunday roast. 12 Euro which was a beef dinner with roast & mashed potatoes, cabbage, broccoli, carrots, Yorkshire pudding and gravy (served with Coleman's mustard, horseradish & fresh mint sauce). Followed by a dessert (incl in the meal price) which today was forest fruits crumble and vanilla ice cream. Absolutely gorgeous.

Staff are friendly and polite, and nothing is too much of a problem.

If coming to Iallysos, it would be a tradegy not to pop in and visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We've visited this bar approximately 15 to 20 times (some in October 2016 and some June 2018) - our first visits in 2016 we cannot fault, it's our most recent visits that the negative points relate to and this is the reason we've gave it an average 3 stars.

Positives:-

1. Great atmosphere
2. Clean (including toilets)
3. Open kitchen (love this idea in restaurants/bars)
4. Fantastic for sports fans of any kind - 20+ TVs all showing something different (not just sports, but news, cartoons, TV from different countries)
5. Great facilities - TV, PS4, Darts, Pool Tables, Ice Hockey - great for kids to unwind while mum and dad finish their drinks
6. Good food and very generous portions, very extensive food and drinks menu
7. Friendly and welcoming staff 99% of the time - see negatives below lol
8. Gluten free menu, with the option to do some of their other dishes gluten free
9. Staff (between them) speak a variety of different languages

Negatives (I hate writing anything negative, but on these occasions feel that I have to mention it, as it's something that can easily be improved on):-

1. Staff can, at times (not too often, but enough times to mention it, if that makes sense), come across as very stressed. I know people reading this will think, they work long hours, in sweltering heat, etc, but, as a paying customer I want to feel relaxed and comfortable. This can easily be addressed by either giving staff extra break times or employing more staff. It's just that on more than one occasion on our most recent visits, the staff seemed stressed and their smiles a little fake (it's so hard to put what I mean into words and it does seem a little petty, but it did spoil it for us a little)
2. One particular night we ordered "Nachos with Chilli" (exactly how I asked for it, and exactly how I've ordered the past 5 or 6 times we've had them). When it came, however, it was nachos with salsa. I explained to server that we ordered nachos with Chilli, and he said "yes, nachos with Chilli salsa" - I'd not realised there was nachos with Chilli salsa and nachos with Chilli con carne. I apologised and said sorry, I hadn't realised that they did both. He offered to swap them for me, but rudely said that I need to be clear times. I was a bit taken back by his comment/attitude, so I suggested to him that if he knew that they did both, maybe he should've asked me to confirm which one I wanted. To cut a long story short, the nachos were swapped, and as we were leaving he came up to me and apologised to me and said he shouldn't have been so rude to me, but they were really busy and he was stressed out.
3. This is probably what made me write a review in the first place, and why we probably won't visit again. On our last visit, we'd gone for our evening meal and we ordered Mixed Souvlaki (chicken, land and pork skewers), BBQ ribs, lamb chops and a burger. We were eating early and it wasn't particularly busy but it still took just under an hour to get our food (3 tables who'd come in after us had eaten their meal and had left/were paying their bill) - but we didn't say anything,cos we were in no rush. Our meals eventually came and I couldn't eat mine (the souvlaki) as it was extremely salty to the point that it wasn't edible. When they came to clear our plates, I just said that I was really sorry, but I couldn't eat mine as it was far too salty (just so she could let kitchen staff know for future dishes) - I wasn't making a complaint or anything, just simply letting her know. Another member of staff overhead (think he is one of owners/managers) and he came over and asked what the problem was, again I explained and said it wasn't a problem just letting them know that's all. He adopted an attitude immediately and said that everyone taste are different (I agree), to which I replied that all 4 of us tried it and none of us could eat it because of salty taste. He'd wound me up a bit with his attitude, so I also mentioned the fact it had took nearly 60 minutes to get our food, his reply was "you ordered ribs, you don't expect them in 10 minutes do you?" Basically, I think he'd took offence because I'd made a negative comment, but everyone around us were looking at me at this point and I felt so uncomfortable and embarrassed, so we paid our bill and left.

These negative comments aren't particularly huge, but in a competitive market, customer service is key (especially when everyone around them is also serving great food, but with better service). I'm really sorry for leaving a partially negative review, but I just want to let people know that they don't take complaints/negative comments very well at Alkionis, which is a real shame because apart from these 3 relatively small issues it really is a great place, but unfortunately, for me, customer service is important and for that reason I won't be visiting again sorry.

2  Thank Darren C
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

excellent food huge portions friendly staff went every lunch time for a tipple good cider selection show all the football and even emmerdale for those missing there soaps back home

Reviewed 5 June 2018

great if you want a pile of chips or bread, always packed though with the promise of huge plates of food to go with your sport

Unskiri, Owner at Alkionis Sports Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Hi there, can you be a little bit more specific about which of our food you didn't like? And just to let you know , it says clearly in our menu that you can the choice of, CHIPS,WEDGES, FRESH MASHED POTATO, JACKET POTATO, SALAD OR VEGETABLES to go on the side of your meal. It is not our fault that most of the people choose chips.