“Good place”

Ranked #19 of 110 Restaurants in Ialyssos
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Nice place with local cousin and great service. My recommendation is lamb in a sauce and beef - stifado.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Dimitra runs her pretty taverna with charm and efficiency. She made us feel very welcome even though we were only staying in Ialysos briefly before our flight home. We chose to eat there on both evenings and it was definitely a good decision. The stifado, kleftiko & moussaka were absolutely fantastic and Dimitra said that her mother-in-law would be very pleased that we’d enjoyed her food so much! This is an authentic family-run restaurant which clearly has a regular and loyal clientele. Highly recommended - don’t miss out!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Best food in the resort by a mile. Ate hear a few days ago.
Best owners in resort. They were very very very welcoming of us and our 6 month old baby.
Most customers appeared to be returning to this restuarant including us,
If I had to rate the top 3 resturants in Ialyssos I couldn't tell you 2 and 3, but this was definitely number 1.

1  Thank Scotte84
Reviewed 11 September 2018

I originally reviewed this restaurant immediately after visiting it in August. I wanted to do a second review as i honestly could not believe it could be any better second time round but it was. however trip ad visor wouldn't allow a second review until 30 days later.
On our return visit the lovely owner Nikos and Dimitra went the extra mile to ensure another amazing meal..My husband had wanted to try a fish dish and Dimtra said she would go out to buy him some special fish that would be cooked during our second visit. this is what you call customer service and she was as good as her word.

I am not a big fish eater but this was beautiful, my husband wasnt impressed with my efforts to share his food!!!!!. I had the kleftko which melted in my mouth and was the best i had tasted all holiday. We also shared some mouth watering starters and as i have said before the tzatziki was the best i have ever had. The portions are huge and i am pretty sure we waddled out of the place.

What makes this place special is the family that run it, the pride they take in their work and the effort they put in to ensure excellent food and a lovely environment. They really cannot do enough for you. this restaurant represents Greek hospitality at its best and reminds me of when I first visited Greece about 25 years ago and the quality food that was served then.

There are loads of places to eat in this resort and it is easy to walk past this place, but it will be a mistake if you do. When I return to Rhodes I will return here. I am already pining for some saganaki and tzatziki. hopefully see you next year graham Maragret and Emily

Reviewed 8 September 2018

If you are looking for good , honest and fresh homemade food , served in a typical Greek atmosphere , San Allote is the place to go .The restaurant is runned by Nikos & Dimitra and from the moment you step in you feel very welcome ! Very good value for money ! Once you’ve visited the place you will return ! Untill next time ..