“Enjoy a great meal in the sunset.”

Kyano Beach Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 147 Restaurants in Platanias
Price range: US$16 - US$34
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Situated at Platanias Beach, with a 15year history, serving pure Cretan and Mediterranean cuisine.The restaurant is seasonal, opening from the beginning of May till the end of season.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We go here everytime we visit Platanias. Service is great, food is great and location is great.
Playground for the kids at the beach.
Nice tables on the grass close to the beach with large trees around. Quiet and comfortable, and you enjoy your meal in the sunset if you go there in the evening.
Not pricey, and very good value for money.

1  Thank Yngve S

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went to Crete for holiday and visit restaurant Kyano for an evening dinner! Have been at one restaurant as good as Kyano, and it was in Rhodes at restaraunt ‘Tamam’, top 5!!! The food is great...no...not great, it’s delicious and with such an feeling and Greek traditional food with a touch, this is a MUST! If there is one restaurant in Chania, Crete you want to visit, this is the one!

I’m a very picky person when it comes to food, maybe cause I’m a chef by myself and i believe you can eat food and food... the raw ingrediens is fresh, you can feel it, almost like you think ‘Greek mama’ is in kitchen for the evening (or all evenings) and serve you the kind of food you amagine you are suppose to eat in Greece.

Visit Kyano!
You have the food, the beachview (20 meters to the beach) and come somewhere between sunset and evening, the candle light at the table and cicadas will welcome you into the evening darkness.

I also believe that when the server take your hand and thank you for visiting, its a big plus for me (did I say I was picky?) it’s something I appreciate very much!
Thank you for a wonderful visit!
See you again! ❤️☀️
/The Swedish ones

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a hidden gem. A beautiful beach bar / restaurant right on the beach. The service fabulous, food amazing very tasty. We visited this place many times for lunch and drinks. I love their salads which are fabulous , my husband had different chicken dishes and his chicken was always succulent and delicious. I would strongly recommend this place. We always sat outside on the grassy area under the tree. It is truly fabulous place to eat.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We visited as an extended family group during our stay in Gerani. The location of the restaurant is lovely with seating out on the grass near the beach.
The staff are very friendly. The food was good although did experience better cooked fish in other places, however the location and views are wonderful.
There is parking on the premises which we hadn’t realised initially as we’d parked on the main road although it helped to walk off our meal afterwards.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We came here twice during our week long holiday in beautiful platanias. This was hands down the best restaurant in town! If you are lucky enough to get Yannis as your server, do let him choose what you eat - we did and had the best meal of our holiday! Go here!

P.s. as a bonus you get to dine with the sound of waves crashing in the background, so this would also be a great spot for a romantic dinner!