“Villa was superb with all mod cons needed...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 7 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Kate O
“Villa was superb with all mod cons needed available”
Reviewed 5 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

Would most certainly recommend this holiday rental to a friend and hope to use it again
myself. Found the villa to be delightful and tastefully furnished/laid out and contained
everything that you would need to use. The person who
was the point of contact in France was very helpful, as indeed was the owner. The region -
Luberon was fascinating and interesting. I would have no hesitation to book the villa
again and to recommend it to friends

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Access to swimming pool
Liked least: coffee maker needed filter to use. Could not find them in supermarkets
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
TheYoungL...
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
“Beautiful property in a great location”
Reviewed 7 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

We stayed in La Bergerie for a week with our young children and another couple with their kids. In total we were four adults, Hector (6), Hettie (4), Charlie (3), Verity (Nearly 2) and Ollie (1).
Last year we stayed in our friends villa near Bandol but it was booked out this year, so I searched far and wide to find a suitable alternative. We wanted a beautiful property that sleeps two couples and two lots of kids, with a child friendly pool, loads of space and privacy and sunshine. We did not need to be in a town but needed to be close to a shop and a restaurant.
It took months of research to find La Bergerie, but it was well worth the effort! After selecting an area (Within an hour of Marseille Airport - we had already bought our flights) we just trolled the internet for days on end. So many properties to rent have terrible photographs and owners that never respond or do not have an up to date availability or prices on their website. La Bergerie has it's own website with great photos and an easy link through to Homeaway booking system.
Correspondence was good beforehand and we had all the information required to gain access to the property on arrival. Directions were good - we found the property easily in the dark!
Our friends arrived first and immediately texted us to say it was brilliant and we would love it - and we did!
The property is located off a quiet road, 3 KM from both Rousillon and Joucas. There are a few other houses dotted around but it was peacefully quiet. You enter through a pillared gateway and along a short gravel driveway to the front of the building. Plenty of parking space under oak trees.
We were greeted by our friends at the front door who led us through the porch into the kitchen/diner/sitting room. All beautiful, clean, stylish and well thought out. Our kids were quickly tucked into their beds in one of the two twin rooms at one end of the property, while we were shown to the other end where we had been allocated the master bedroom (thanks guys!). We had a huge sleigh bed, loads of space, big bathroom with twin sinks, bath, shower, separate loo, lots of cushions, iPod dock and patio doors leading int the garden.
After lots of cheese and rosie, we retired to bed.
Our weeks was spent messing around in the beautiful 12 metre pool (I think it was heated), lounging on the sun loungers, playing boules (there is a boules 'piste' and set there, cooking nice lunches and dinners and enjoying the 'occasional' glass of rose. The kids particularly loved the pool and the private 'playpark' which had been recently built in the garden (doesn't show up in the photos).
We made a few trips out during the week - food shopping, kids tea in Rousillon, market day and pizza lunch in Gordes and final dinner out in Rousillon (Le Piquebaure). We also managed a few jogs into Joucas to stop us getting too fat from all the cheese and wine, and walked to Domaine de Tara vineyard.
All in all we had a brilliant trip. La Bergerie was perfect, the area lovely and the weather pretty good.
I would recommend this to everyone who wants a bit of peace and quiet in beautiful surroundings.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The pool, garden, location, chic interior
Liked least: The gravel path to the clothes line hurt my bare feet!
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
oller345
London, United Kingdom
“cannot fault”
Reviewed 21 April 2015 for a stay in September 2014
people found this review helpful

Second visit and have booked for next year , the owners must be in designers ,the house is amazing , the best bits are the pool and grounds .Walking distance to the village , however you pass the vineyards where we always stop and buy great wine , we are planning to go in spring to see the lavender fields which are everywhere .A big thank you to the owners for this gem in the luberon william

Travelling group: Large Group
Neil D
Brighton, UK
“Hard to Fault”
Reviewed 4 September 2013 for a stay in August 2013
people found this review helpful

If you have read any of my other reviews, you'll know that I hate Paris; my love of Provence is just about in inverse proportion to my dislike of Paris. What's not to like? Rolling countryside, glorious summers, quiet roads, quaint market towns, good food & wine, friendly and interesting locals.
So, it's just a question of finding a place to hang your hat whilst exploring this lovely region.
We flew into Marseille from Gatwick to collect a pre-ordered hire car: it was chaos! Why is collecting a car so difficult? Too few desks, insufficient staff, too much paperwork and, of course, dont forget the extras! I cannot think of another area of retail that is so badly organised. It was a rotten start to our holiday - it took us over an hour to get our car; but then we were on our way, driving passed picture perfect views, for around an hour. A word of caution - make sure you have good directions; French post codes cover a larger area than those in the UK and our SatNav announced that 'you have reached your destination' when we were still 2 miles away. But, a bit of old fashioned map reading and a study of the supplied directions soon took us off the main road, along a quiet avenue through some imposing gates to our holiday home. The property (I'm not an expert on this type of thing) looked like a renovated farm house to me stands on it's own land (the website said a Hectare of land - whatever that is) and is far away from the world. It has it's own, heated, swimming pool (with a shallow end: great for kids, and my non-too-confident wife). The property itself is spacious and well maintained. I struggled for a little while to work out what I liked most about it; it has all the facilities you could possible need (too many to list: see the website) but there was something more: simply, it felt like a home. All the equipment is first class, there is nothing cheap and nasty, but I am sure that the owners must live there sometimes; as that is what it felt like - a home (as opposed to a holiday rental). On arrival we were greeted by the manager who spent time showing us around, explaining things in the house - and also suggesting trips around the region. He wasn't English, but his use of English was very good and all our questions were answered. It really was easy to trundle through the house to the swimming pool to splash around or laze at the side of it, with a backdrop of just the insects buzzing gently (someone told me what they were called; I forget) which is just as much a part of Provence as the lavender fields - but try not to. You must get up and out; there is so much to see and enjoy. Boringly, we compromised and had one day 'in' followed by one day ''out', this seemed to work.
Little more to say; a thoroughly relaxing stay in a totally beautiful area. Oh yes - free Wi-Fi: hurray! I don't know why I should have to mention this but still too many places offer no wi-fi or charge for it; a pox on them and their families. To people like me, who need to keep in touch with their business back home, wi-fi is as essential as a bathroom. Makes all the difference.
Two further suggestions: firstly, a car is essential, painful to hire, but totally essential. Second, when wandering around the towns and villages check the prices of food and drink before sitting down; Provence is not cheap, but the difference between this cafe and the one two streets away can be dramatic, with no discernible loss in quality.
It's traditional, in my reviews, to have one gripe: on arrival, I was a touch disappointed that the cupboard was bare - not even coffee. I mentioned it to the manager, who passed my comments onto the owner who responded by saying that next year all guests would get a welcoming hamper featuring tea and coffee and biscuits etc to set them on their way. This had been agreed upon before my suggestion (well, they would say that wouldn't they: come-on, guys, give a chap credit for a good suggestion!).

Anyway, can we come back next year? Please.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Just the feeling of a home away from home.
Liked least: Leaving.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$412
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing