“Best restaurant in the area”
Review of Holzerstubn

Holzerstubn
Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Ehrwald
Cuisines: Austrian, International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 September 2018

We asked our hotel receptionist for a good quality traditional Austrian restaurant to celebrate my wifes birthday, we had to reserve a table (group of seven) and were not disappointed. We sat outside on a warm late summer evening, cozy atmosphere, great food/wine and attentive friendly staff. Will return when next in the area.

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Tough I did not have a reservation I was able to get a seat here. Two minutes later they were turning people away so I do recommend a reservation.

Service was standard, food very good. I had the schlutzkrapfen and it was very good. Also expensive.

Reviewed 18 July 2018

The older waiter who showed us a table had an atrocious manner, we nearly decided to just drop the place and go somewhere else.
Luckily, we decided to stay...
I ordered a rare black angus rumpsteak and oh boy, was it good... Perfect texture, butterlike consistency. Everything on my plate was a wonder.
I even tasted my mother's meal which was pork with kräuterbutter and it was one of the most well-made pork meal I've ever tasted.
All in all, the prices are the regular or only 5% more, and it is worth it, I ate much worse meal in this town at the same price.
I would definitely recommend it to anyone coming nearby, and I hope the chef cooks always this good! :)
Also, the other waiters were okay, only the one dealing with the reservations and such should be dismissed. He was what you would imagine the waiters were in hard socialism in Eastern-Europe...

Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

They have the main portion of the menu in English so that helped. Food was some of the best we have had in the past few weeks on our visit to the Germany area. Kids menu add well.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

We ate there twice –being hungry we ate early – as did quite a few others. Table on the terrace. Welcoming, helpful, spoke English, and they are enthusiastic about their meat

We had three steaks (one a rump in ‘Peters Toast’) and a roast pork special. All were exceptional. The steaks were among the best we have ever tasted, the cooking spot on, well cut and trimmed, perfectly seasoned, flavoursome and so tender. The filet was not cheap, but the steaks were good value for the outstanding quality.