All reviews every morning other guests howler monkeys pura vida tide pools full kitchen tara brad rancho sunset paradise beach ocean surf waves grocery
Reviewed 9 May 2016

This was amazing. I really enjoyed my time and i miss it so much. The owners were so nice and helpful. I made so many friends during my stay and saw so many monkeys. The pool and beach were terrific and could not have been better! I really enjoyed my furry friends who always hung out with me. my dog friends. Its a very nice community and i know for sure that i will come back. They had surfboards and boogie boards that you could rent. I loved the yoga next door. If you are looking for a surf lesson just ask Brad and Tara they were so helpful and got me and my brother an amazing surf lesson. The chef who made breakfast was amazing and made good food. I LOVED IT SO MUCH!!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

My wife and I spent a few nights at Villas Hermosas this past week and in one word; AMAZING! What an incredible property, great owners and staff, and the best doggy hosts ever!

Villas Hermosas is a bit out of the way from the main area of Santa Theresa, but trust me, this is a good thing. Only steps from a perfect swimming beach and surf break.

We staying in the honeymoon cottage, which from what we could tell is the closest option to the beach. The spacious study style cottage was exactly what we needed to relax and enjoy the natural beauty. Only steps from one of the nicest beaches we saw in Santa Theresa area.

The owners and staff have the perfect balance of being there for you when you needed them and staying out of your way to relax around the property. They had a few surf boards to rent and casually let you grab them and enjoy the waves. Each morning a simple breakfast is served as a part of your stay and is a good chance to catch up with the owners and staff. It was my wife's birthday while we where there, so they even helped me arrange a private chef to help celebrate (Chef Joy Turk, was outstanding if that is something that you may be looking for).

I quick note on their three amazing dogs! We absolutely fell in love with these furry friends. They where happy to accompany us to the beach every day and back again when we where done. In between playing in the waves or keeping us company close by. They did a great job making us laugh and showing us their beach. At one point Oz the youngest of the trio decided he preferred sitting in our laps while we laid on the beach instead of in the sand next to us, as dog lovers this really had us laughing.

Great experience at Villas Hermosas, for us a very rare "must return ASAP" rating. We will be back, if not for the amazing property and beach, at least to hang with our newest dog friends.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

We spent 3 nights here last week! There were 6 of us, 3 adults & 3 kids (14, 5 & 4) in a family villa. What a great place! The villas are nicely appointed. Cold AC, full kitchen, nice patios. We were able to grab some snacks and lunch items from the supermarket to keep the kids happy. Breakfast is included (and is very good). Our kids loved the pool and the beach is amazing! Not a great swimming beach, but the kids loved looking for shells and rocks at low tide. I was able to get some awesome photos of the sunset. The main town is a quick 10 minute ride where there are plenty of dining options. Our favorites were The Wok & Habaneros... We also had great pizza from Ex Pulpo (delivered).

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2016

We were at Villas Hermosas in 2008. We just returned for the first time since then, and can happily report our complete satisfaction with the accommodations, but especially the people! I can't adequately describe our affection for the people associated with the villas, and the entire community. Thank you for maintaining authenticity!

Stayed: April 2016
Reviewed 6 April 2016 via mobile

We had a wonderful time at Villas Hermosas. Location is great, on the beach and a 5 min walk to the main section of the beautiful Playa Hermosa which is great for surfing, long walks, swimming and beautiful sunsets. The villas are a 5 to 10 mins drive from the heart of town so the area is quiet and peaceful but close to all the action. There are great lunch and dinner spots within walking distance or a 2 min drive away from the property. The villas are comfortable and spacious with 2 nice bedrooms and large bathrooms and perfect for a family of 4. There are only 4 villas on the property so it is quiet and private. The property is well maintained and landscaped and the villas share a good sized pool. There is a common use cabana next the pool where breakfast is served from 8 to 10am every morning. They serve coffee, juice, cereal, toasts, eggs, fresh fruit and depending on the day, pancakes or French toasts. The staff is great and the owners, Brad and Tara, who live in the main house on the property are wonderful people, very hospitable, welcoming and helpful. They will help you with reservations, bookings, excursions and give you advice and recommendations as needed. They're always available. Great spot for a relaxing family vacation in magical Santa Teresa/ Playa Hermosa.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family