All reviews stayed nights an oasis dirt road cabin beach monkeys trees nature
Reviewed 8 May 2016 via mobile

V comfortable lovely hotel but he didn't believe price I was guarenteed on booking.com and arranged taxi up to Nosara for 120,000 colones....which I thought should have been half that!
Close to lovely beach. Need wheels to get around
Lots of nice restaurants. Sadly only stayed one night

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 May 2016

I stayed with my grandmother for two nights. The staff is very friendly and the prices are very reasonable.The hotel amenities are not extraordinary, but the rooms and villas are nice, and you can walk to beach.

Stayed: April 2016
Reviewed 26 March 2016

I have stayed at many hotels in the Santa Teresa area and this has been my least favorite.

It is at the peak of high season, but for $150 a night I would expect far more. There is very little privacy here, and it feel like you are being watched by management and all the other guests.

The room decor is very dated, and service is poor, also no bar. Last but not least, the shower is a little trickle which is either scalding hot or very cold, nothing in between....I would recommend Otro Lado which is close and far nicer.

Room Tip: If your not looking for something special, this will work for you.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2016

DO NOT waste your time at this hotel. We experienced the worst service at this hotel. They are sneaky and try & sell you on tours and excursions, but at very different prices. One staff member gave me a price... so we booked it and then the next day I asked the other person at the front desk for a price and it was totally different. They will rip you off!! They will also find sneaky ways of charging you for things that you are unaware of at the end when you are trying to check out.

It looks like a very nice place, but we had to ask for ALL of our sheets (including the bedspread) to be changed MULTIPLE times. They were filthy!

The safe didn't work properly and we ended up sitting there for an hour after check out so we could get our things out of it and retrieve the key. COMPLETE DUMP!!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank cosmomarketing
Reviewed 10 January 2016

My boyfriend and I had a great stay at Esencia Hotel and Villas. We were there to surf so the location was great for the early starts. The grounds are beautiful, the pool is clean and refreshing and the rooms were great - complete with kitchen which was convenient. Great stay - would go back!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple