All reviews honeymoon villa perfect spot ocean front wedding beach sunset
Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a couple of nights on our Honeymoon while travelling through Costa Rica and couldn't have been happier. The reception was so welcoming and warm and the honeymoon villa was a dream come true. It was affordable during low season and I highly recommend visiting Santa Teresa at that time. The property leads right onto the beach and it's gorgeous. We really wanted to learn to surf and they arranged a lesson for us with Aleric who was the best instructor we could have asked for. He had us both up and catching waves right away which was a dream come true. This place and town is one of the best places we've seen in Costa Rica and I highly recommend this amazing surfer's paradise. A fair warning that the roads here are a bit crazy so you'll need a 4 wheel drive.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

Had a wedding ceremony and honeymoon here for an elopement. Friendly staff and beautiful place. The beach is sandy and fantastic as to the north there are rocks everywhere. Got lots of beautiful wedding pictures from the beach area. Rooms were clean and nice to stay in. We had the hummingbird villa which we enjoyed. Full AC helped in the heat of the day. Yes the bathroom is outside but I liked it there.

Great place for a ceremony or honeymoon. Staff took care of everything. All we had to do was show up and it was all fantastic. Cook, photographer, videographers all did a great job. Desk staff and security were friendly.

You are a little far from the main strip, but there are places around depending on what you want to do. We wanted beach and we got it. Restaurants are walkable but for more selection you need a taxi or rental. Bring lots of sunscreen as prices for it are very expensive. Roads are very bumpy, so rent a 4x4, quad, or something if you want to go exploring.

Would go back.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert D
Reviewed 18 August 2016

This is one of the most beautiful places my husband and I have ever experienced. Our villa was spacious and luxurious, with spectacular windows all around that really give you the feel of being in nature. The sounds of the birds in the morning are serene, and there is nothing like waking up to the view of this incredible beach.

The property is located on the best part of the beach and is very quiet and private. There is a great AC that cools the entire villa, the kitchen was well-stocked with everything we needed, and a nice kitchen table, and there was a really comfortable sitting area. The Internet is fast and reliable. The grounds were lush and well-kept, and the staff was so friendly and welcoming. We had daily maid service, and they took great care of us!

My favorite part of the day was doing self-guided yoga every morning on this amazing platform they have right by the beach. I loved lying on the platform at the end of my yoga session and just listening to the sounds of the ocean and the wild life.

We were so lucky to be able to spend time here. It truly is paradise. I just wish we could have stayed longer. We'll be back soon!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Prerna G
Reviewed 2 August 2016

I usually trust the ratings in Trip advisor, but this time I really don't understand why is this place so highly rated.

First, it's really expensive considering what you get. We stayed in a small villa, but while the surrounding are beautiful, the location is inconvenient if you want to visit the main place frequently. It's 4km from Sta Teresa in a VERY ugly road. The bathroom is really terrible. They tried to make something original but failed completely. It's separate from the villa, so if you want to pee at night, wash your teeth, etc, you must go out every time. Really unnecessary, it's just a regular bathroom outside the villa. There are some details in the kitchen that I wish someone from the administrative staff took care of, like the sink doesn't work very well, the chairs are very uncomfortable, etc. The rooms are not very dark because of the glass walls, so it's difficult to sleep well.

The most significant drawback was the administrative staff. A very friendly and "helpful" guy received us with recommendations of places to eat and visit, when we asked about Cabo Blanco National Park, he said it was closed. And we were like "come on, we are ticos and we know these parks won't close unless something really bad happens". He insisted the park was closed and recommended a "better" place just 40 min away. Turned out this amazing place (Private Reserve Curu) was at least 2 hours away, I'm glad we didn't follow his recommendation, and I don't know why he'd lie to us about this. We went to Cabo Blanco the next day and loved it.

The other person is an Argentinian girl that appeared to be very charismatic and kind too. We stayed there 3 nights and the day we came in, she said we COULD have a bigger villa as a courtesy, for the last night. However when thought about it and said that we wanted to stay in the same villa for the whole stay, the message changed to "I'm sorry but you must move your stuff for the last night, yes or yes" (literally they said this). So we simply told them that we'd not move, but obviously it was a complete disappointment to hear it never was a courtesy,

So I decided to write a long review and warn other visitors about this place. Considering the number of beautiful places in Sta Teresa, I'd definitively recommend going somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Alex C
RedPalmVillas_10, Owner at The Red Palm Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2018

I waited a long time to post this response...so many things were wrong I did not know where to start. In short, Alex, you came to us as a "walk in". You arrived, you looked, you were not committed to stay, you could have just left and walked into the next hotel, but you didn't, you negotiated one of our lowest walk in rates and then wrote us our MOST damaging review ever. You knew when you drove a few miles from the main part of town how far we were from town, why did you stay? You saw the villa and rented it. I'm afraid this was more a case of racism when I read your review. Clearly you do not like people from Argentina and I get it, they come to Costa Rica, HARD working and thankful for a chance to be employed and in the end with there positive and winning attitudes they take jobs from many local people who do not share nearly the same enthusiasm...which is why we hire people from Argentina and Nicaragua, we pay them almost twice the minimum wage gladly as they give our guests, with exception to you, an amazing experience. Our reviews, many from senior reviewers, who paid $600/night or more speak for themselves and I hope people who read your review will clearly see you were an impossible guest to make happy. Haaaa, I'm glad I wrote this and from myself and the entire staff at Red Palms we offer our sincere apology and hope you never come back. Best regards!

Reviewed 6 April 2016

My husband and I first traveled to Red Palm Villas as a college graduation trip in May 2012 and had an amazing time! So it was only natural when he proposed that our first choice for our destination wedding would be Red Palm VIllas in Santa Teresa, Costa Rica!
Lucrecia Trillo and her team were my amazing wedding coordinators who made it so easy to plan the destination wedding of my dreams. They helped me with everything from my guest accommodations, excursions, ceremony, reception, and travel details for not just me but 36 of my guests!
Lucrecia's communication was phenomenal via email and phone. As the bride, I wanted to make sure everything was perfect and organized. She made me as worry free as a bride could feel when planning a destination wedding in another country with a language barrier. haha
We stayed a total of 5 nights at Red palm villas. We had our ceremony on the beach May 3, 2014 right out in front of Red Palm Villas and had our reception dinner and party at Al Chile Viola (some of the nicest people and best food i've ever had!) We had a delicious 4 course meal, incredible cocktails, beautiful wedding cake and an awesome DJ to dance the night away! My guests still talk about what an amazing time they had that night. "The best wedding they've ever been to." No one will ever top this" .
I wouldn't change a single detail from my wedding!
We highly recommend the jungle hike with Edwin, tortuga island snorkel day with Zuma Tours and the suntrail company for the zip line tour.
Thank you thank you so much Lu and Red Palm Villas team! Hope to go back very, very soon :)
Pura Vida!

Room Tip: Tropical paradise, best customer service, destination wedding, have Air conditioned rooms
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family