All reviews beach front pura vida adventures beach house great spa costa rica garden view beachfront bungalow spa services surf camp adirondack chairs facing the ocean tropical paradise hotel grounds yoga retreat beautiful beach yoga platform playa carmen
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My Wife and I spent 5 nights at this amazing hotel and I wish we could have spent much more time there. In case you don't want to read the rest of my review, JUST GO THERE!! The location of the property is directly on the most amazing beach in Santa Teressa. Walk out of the rooms and you are basically at the beach (we had a gate to walk thru to give the property privacy so I would estimate about 20 steps from our bed to the sand). Soft sand, plenty of shade, loungers and hammocks await under the palms. We go to a lot of beaches but this was really special. The hotel accommodations are all wonderful and frankly, the pictures on the website don't really do them justice. We were lucky enough to stay 2 nights in the Glamping accommodation which was spectacular. Private, spacious and very luxurious despite having canvas walls. The full surround screens in the walls made us feel like we were sleeping outside at the ocean, dozing off to the sounds of the waves and a canopy of swaying palm trees, yet securely protected from bugs... and with AC. There is an outdoor hot tub which we used at night while gazing up at the milky way and a lovely outdoor shower... all totally private for that room. We also loved the accomodations in the Beach House beneath the Glamping... all feeling sumptuous, private yet directly facing the beach. The staff was in a word, perfect. All understated but totally professional. Evelyn at the front desk was particularly amazing... knowledgeable, super friendly, super helpful and super accomodationg for every little detail as was also David in the front office and Tania in the back office. Martin never hesitated to help us schlep our luggage from room to room and made moving rooms easy for us. Its not just that they were helpful, its that they made the whole experience there effortless and delightful. I run several businesses and perhaps the best compliment I can give them is that I would hire them in a second. The restaurant is also wonderful with natural and organic locally sourced ingredients. The watermelon smoothies are fantastic... served right at the beach... we liked ours without coconut water - still sweet and oh so refreshing. My wife loved the spa and she had several beach side massages while I hit the waves with my board. The waves there by the way are a surfers dream as was the weather and warm water temps in late January. We can't wait to go back to the Hotel Tropico Latino!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights, it took me a minute to aclimate. We walked 100 meters down a rocky walk way, no one was at the reception. The bartender went to get the lady, she was watching the sunset. At first I won’t lie, I was like “what the heck?! What kind of service is that?!” But she said to join her or we would miss the sunset, so we ordered a beer and walked to watch the sunset. After a day of traveling, 2 hours to the ferry, 1.5 hour ferry ride and then another almost 2 hour drive on a dusty rocky road to get to Sta Teresa...it was actually JUST WHAT WE NEEDED!!! Although initially all I wanted was to be checked in and inside my room, it was the perfect unconventional welcome.

On to the bungalow and more... WOW our bungalow was just adorable!! Cute walk way lined with tropical greenery and front porch with a sitting area and hammock, walked in to a rustic (nothing fancy) but comfortable room. It was spacious with more beds than we needed, the bathroom was small and quite basic, left more to desire but did the job. No electronics, no tv, clock, radio etc.

The location is probably the best in all of Sta Teresa. There’s daily yoga overlooking the ocean -BREATHTAKING!!! Restaurant -DELICIOUS!!! We had daily a la carte breakfast included and enjoyed everything on the menu!
1 minute walk to the beach from the room, lined with hammocks and drink service. Would highly recommend and if we’re ever back we would definitely stay here again! One of the best vacations we’ve had...& we travel A LOT!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2019

Tropico Latino is located on the most beautiful beach of Santa Teresa on the Nicoya peninsula. Each room has a large porch with chairs and hammock. Most face the gorgeous beach but the garden view ones are great as well. The yoga here is fabulous - on a wooden platform under a straw roof facing the waves. The pool, outdoor restaurant and the spacious grounds are worth the price of this hotel. The staff is fabulous!

Room tip: I will not reveal my favorite room since it is the most popular.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2019

We had a very enjoyable 2 night at the hotel, the first part of a trip around Costa Rica. It's position directly on the beach is superb. The staff were all incredibly friendly and welcoming. The food was also excellent.
We had a lovely time and were sad to leave. We will definitely return!

Room tip: We had a room near the road which meant we could hear traffic. Next time we would ask for a room nearer to the beach.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2019

Tropical Latino is an excellent hotel. I planned 3 nights and stayed 9 nights. I enjoyed the beautiful beach very much. The beach front apartments are amazing. All rooms are nice and clean. The staff is very friendly. The reception was remarkably helpful with a cheerful disposition.I can recommend this place.

• Trip type: Travelled solo