All reviews beach front pura vida adventures beach house great spa costa rica garden view beachfront bungalow spa services surf camp adirondack chairs facing the ocean tropical paradise hotel grounds yoga retreat beautiful beach yoga platform playa carmen
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights, it took me a minute to aclimate. We walked 100 meters down a rocky walk way, no one was at the reception. The bartender went to get the lady, she was watching the sunset. At first I won’t lie, I was like “what the heck?! What kind of service is that?!” But she said to join her or we would miss the sunset, so we ordered a beer and walked to watch the sunset. After a day of traveling, 2 hours to the ferry, 1.5 hour ferry ride and then another almost 2 hour drive on a dusty rocky road to get to Sta Teresa...it was actually JUST WHAT WE NEEDED!!! Although initially all I wanted was to be checked in and inside my room, it was the perfect unconventional welcome.

On to the bungalow and more... WOW our bungalow was just adorable!! Cute walk way lined with tropical greenery and front porch with a sitting area and hammock, walked in to a rustic (nothing fancy) but comfortable room. It was spacious with more beds than we needed, the bathroom was small and quite basic, left more to desire but did the job. No electronics, no tv, clock, radio etc.

The location is probably the best in all of Sta Teresa. There’s daily yoga overlooking the ocean -BREATHTAKING!!! Restaurant -DELICIOUS!!! We had daily a la carte breakfast included and enjoyed everything on the menu!
1 minute walk to the beach from the room, lined with hammocks and drink service. Would highly recommend and if we’re ever back we would definitely stay here again! One of the best vacations we’ve had...& we travel A LOT!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Tropico Latino is located on the most beautiful beach of Santa Teresa on the Nicoya peninsula. Each room has a large porch with chairs and hammock. Most face the gorgeous beach but the garden view ones are great as well. The yoga here is fabulous - on a wooden platform under a straw roof facing the waves. The pool, outdoor restaurant and the spacious grounds are worth the price of this hotel. The staff is fabulous!

Room tip: I will not reveal my favorite room since it is the most popular.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2019

We had a very enjoyable 2 night at the hotel, the first part of a trip around Costa Rica. It's position directly on the beach is superb. The staff were all incredibly friendly and welcoming. The food was also excellent.
We had a lovely time and were sad to leave. We will definitely return!

Room tip: We had a room near the road which meant we could hear traffic. Next time we would ask for a room nearer to the beach.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2019

Tropical Latino is an excellent hotel. I planned 3 nights and stayed 9 nights. I enjoyed the beautiful beach very much. The beach front apartments are amazing. All rooms are nice and clean. The staff is very friendly. The reception was remarkably helpful with a cheerful disposition.I can recommend this place.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 21 January 2019

Tropical Latino is a family run hotel in a good location with friendly and welcoming staff. The hotel, that is not inexpensive, is a bit dated and would benefit with some refurbishment.
The restaurant is expensive and has a limited menu. The yoga facilities on the beach is a highlight and many people come to the hotel for that reason.

Date of stay: December 2018