All reviews beach front pura vida adventures grocery store across the street beach house costa rica beachfront bungalow garden view surf camp spa services hotel grounds yoga studio beautiful beach playa carmen banana beach our honeymoon great surfing amazing experience
Reviewed 21 January 2017

Clean, stylish, great location, and wonderful staff. Will stay here again next time in Santa Teresa. Girlfriend and I were looking for a place on the beach, wanted to be able to walk out of villa without having to cross street to get to beach. Super comfy hammocks on beach and on your private porch, didn't eat at hotel, but the fresh tropical fruit cocktails were amazing! Beach is beautiful, sunsets unreal, overall awesome. Try to get 1-8, 9-11 are closer to street, but separated from road enough it's a non issue.

Room Tip: 9-11 are closer road, but far enough that it's still ok
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
hoteltropicolatino, Manager at Hotel Tropico Latino, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2017

Dear Michal,
Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay, the sunsets, staff, cocktails...... and I'm looking forward to having you again as a guest in our hotel.
Take care!

Reviewed 19 January 2017

A nice and comfortable litlle house with helpfull reception and friendly staff.
It was a wonderfull time there.
Sure a nice place to stay and come back.
There is a lovely swimming pool.
The breakfast is in front of the see, really wonderfull

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for your positive comments about the reception, staff and breakfast in front of the sea. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope your next stay is just around the corner. Call us if there is anything we can help you with.

Reviewed 19 January 2017

Great Beach Front Hotel. Location of the premisses are the best in Mal Pais.

Nice restaurant a little expensive but worth the views to the surf break.

Confortable lay out, a little outdated cabinas without kitchenette that will help for budget travelers or big families.

The service is excellent and the front desk employees are really helpful (Evelyn).

Will highly recommend this place to anyone.

PURA VIDA is at Tropico Latino.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family

Wow! What a wonderful review, I will let Evelyn know and we truly appreciate your business and your trust in us. I am very happy to hear that our staff and service met your needs and expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

We stayed at Hotel Tropico Latino for 4 days in the beginning of December. The second you drive up to the hotel grounds you can tell you are in a tropical paradise. You do have to walk on a gravel path from the parking lot to the reception but when you are in lush gardens you'll hardly mind. We stayed in bungalow 7 and I highly recommend it! Literally a few steps away from the restaurant and pool and maybe a 30 second walk to the beach. Even though we were right next to the restaurant we still felt like we had privacy. The bungalows are cute and small but that's ok because you have your own private porch and hammock and did I mention you are practically on the beach.

The beach is small and can be pretty rocky during high tide so I highly recommend strolling in the morning. But as the day goes on there are hammocks and lounge chairs and never felt crowded. Overall, very relaxing and beautiful.

The food is delicious and healthy. The restaurant staff (and entire hotel staff) couldn't have been nicer!

I did yoga once and it was a beautiful experience.

I feel like I'm forgetting a lot but I would definitely go back to Tropico Latino and highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Bungalow 7 was incredible
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
hoteltropicolatino, Manager at Hotel Tropico Latino, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2017

Thank you for sharing those beautiful pictures and for your kind comments! I will be sure to let our staff know how much of an impact they made on your experience. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

This is my third year in a row visiting the hotel and the second time with my two kids (1 and 6 years old), and yes, my second time there I brought a new born. :) Once again I was able to enjoy my stay knowing exactly what to expect from the staff (great service and dedication), the hotel (clean room, well maintained) and the beach (espectacular view). I really like knowing what to expect from a hotel, so I can worry more on having a great time with my family. Something that can be better, probably I would add more options in the restaurant menu, but the meals available are good.

Room Tip: Want to feel like booking a beach house, ask for the rooms next to the administrative office, they have a private exit to the beach.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
hoteltropicolatino, Manager at Hotel Tropico Latino, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2017

Dear Robert! Thank you for your positive comments, its good to know you can count on us. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I hope your next stay is just around the corner. Call us if there is anything we can help you with. We will take into consideration your menu suggestions :)