All reviews yoga retreat ocean front costa rica our honeymoon garden bungalow healthy food heaven on earth zip lining off the beaten path beautiful country open air pura vida can't wait to go back hermosa beach couples massage low tide surf lessons
Reviewed 22 August 2016

This is a magical property! The staff is excellent. The resort is incredibly well run. The beach is beautiful, the yoga is superb, the restaurant is excellent and the rooms are perfect. Absolutely can't go wrong!!!!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2016

This resort is just breath-taking! Beautiful, luxurious villas, mostly of which surround the gorgeous pool, in the middle of the jungle but right on the beach!!! I loved the outside shower next to my room! I thought the bugs would be really awful but I didn't have any problems and I hate bugs. It was humid but I got used to that pretty quickly. The food at the open air restaurant was spectacular; organic and delicious. The smoothies were so fresh and yummy! I ate so much during the week but several pounds due to the activity and the very healthy food! The staff is so accommodating and wonderful. They offer massages in a hut right on the beach so you can relax while listening to the ocean's pounding waves. You can do yoga and learn to surf although you have to walk a bit on the beach away from the resort to surf because there are rocks in the ocean right off the resort. There are hammocks and beach chairs to enjoy. You can also do activities outside the resort such as zip-lining through the jungle (that was awesome!) and visiting a waterfall (we didn't have time to do that but I hear it is a great trip). The landscaping is amazing and lovingly maintained by the resort's owners. Everyone was super friendly.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

The retreat itself and the person running the retreat is exceptional. The beauty that surrounds is like no other. The people who work at the hotel are kind, helpful and so very nice . The beach is dirty and lined with bottles and garbage. The rooms are shared which we were not prepared for and you can hear every step in the villa. The rooms are filled with bugs. You can hear noise all night from other cabins, pool, restaurant. The food is the same products that they had for the past two days and it's mediocre at best. I would follow the instructor around the world but not sure this would be high on my travel list.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Michal F
Reviewed 26 July 2016

I went to Pranamar to celebrate my Mother's 65th Birthday it was perfect. There was something for everyone. Great surf for my brother, yoga for me, relaxing spa and amazing food for Mom. The bungalows are all decorated in an Balinese style, in fact I heard the owners purchased most of their furniture in Indonesia. The restaurant focuses on an organic menu with fresh catch of the day and a contemporary twist of classic Costa Rican cuisine. The smoothies are delicious, freshly made. The spa was great with the ocean front massage tables and organic products. It rained a couple nights/mornings but even in the rain the greenery was so lush and our bungalow was super cozy, curling up with a book on the bungalow hammock was the perfect activity. The yoga studio is of the nicest I have seen, you feel at one with nature and just overall great vibes. I highly highly recommend and will definitely be going back.

Room Tip: I had a Bungalow with pool access, not all of them have this, it's pretty nice.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2016

We visited Pranamar for an overnight trip in June and were very impressed with the accommadations, location and service.

Pranamar is located some five km along the coastal road from Santa Teresa, away from the hustle and bustle of the town, and has an ocean front location which is truly stunning. A low tide there are numerous rock pools to explore and some deep enough to act as a natural swimming pools. There is plenty of shade and lots of chairs and hammocks to sit and absorb the tranquil atmosphere.

We stayed in a poolside villa, which had a private outside shower as well as internal bathroom, and was beautifully laid out and designed.The villas are furnished with Balinese art and decoration, adding to the atmosphere of an exotic retreat. My only criticism about the outside shower; the line of sight to the adjacent villas is a little doubtful and although there is a high wall, you feel you could be seen from the second floor windows.

The two swimming pools are wonderful- an unusual circular sloping design with a deeper central channel for swimming. The photos do not do it justice, and the lush gardens and sounds of crashing waves from the beach make this a very relaxing destination.

The staff are very attentive and took the trouble to learn your names- a nice touch.
The breakfast and dinner were a la carte and to a high standard. The food was nicely presented, and although not cheap, was what we would expect for fine dining.

We did not make use of the yoga facilities, but the yoga deck/hall is an impressive looking structure and I imagine a great place to do yoga.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple