Casa Conde Beach-Front Hotel(Playa Panama)(Great Value!)
US$290
US$276
Hotels.com
Vista Bahia Beach Resort(Playa Panama)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$109
US$168
US$163
Occidental Papagayo - Adults only(Gulf of Papagayo)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$188
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Condovac la Costa(Playa Hermosa)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$125
  • Pool
US$250
US$140
Bookit.com
  • Pool
Villa Acacia(Playa Hermosa)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$77
Hotels.com
Hotel ManGaby(Playa Hermosa)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$93
Travelocity
Luxury Camping(Playa Panama)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsboutique hotelliberia airportcosta ricalong poolsitting roomsliding glass doorpresidential suitepublic beachrecommend elpool chairsrooms are greatopen airmain restaurantwater sportsbeautiful propertysea basspaddle boarding
Reviewed 22 April 2018

Very nice place to go. Located not too far from Liberia airport, this pace offers a great view, stellar facilities, and wonderful food. If you are looking to get away from the noise and distractions of life for a bit, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
ConciergeEH, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at El Mangroove, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Dear Guest:

Pura Vida from Costa Rica!

We appreciate your time sharing your experience at the El Mangroove, Autograph Collection and we are delighted to hear that you had a great stay. With a spirit to serve, we take great pride in not only meeting, but exceeding your expectations.

Your feedback is integral to our ability to continue to improve our service.

Thank you again for your time and come visit us again soon!

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 days before checking into the Four Seasons across the bay. The hotel was nice and the service good. We didn’t spend much time in the property but we liked the hammock in the outer room we had.

A couple disappointing items; I did ask to be upgraded as a platinum per marriott policy and was told they do follow that policy, but told they were sold out - yet upgrade rooms still showed available online, so that was disappointing.

Another was it was a category 7 hotel when I booked with points approximately 3 weeks prior and when I updated the nights from 3 to 2, I was charged MORE points as they said it was now a category 8 and reducing a night impacted that.

That said we would probably come back again if we were in the county.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Kathie:
Thank you for sharing your experience at the El Mangroove, Autograph Collection.

With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. In regards to the upgrade benefits for Marriott Rewards they are available for one room category which is our Root Deluxe and our resort have been fully committed and we apologies for not being able to offer it during your stay. As well for the reward point categories, you can contact Marriott Reward Members since they handle this updates.

Once again we appreciate your feedback will be shared with the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service.

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

Can't say enough!!!! Great location, beautiful, open air hotel. Service was amazing from all staff. Special thanks to Diego, Cindy and Alberto. Food was great. Enjoyed everything about this hotel. Would return to this hotel in a heartbeat. As a gold member we got free breakfast. So many choices. Thank you so much to all the staff!!!!!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear Michele:

With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. Your feedback will be shared with the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service.

Thank you for staying at the El Mangroove, Autograph Collection and we hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to Costa Rica.

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

This place is great. The staff, facilities and beach experience were everything we are looking for. Plenty of things to do. We rented a boat through the hotel and it was awesome. The captain and first mate did a great job and we spent the vast majority of the day reeling in fish. The kitchen prepared our catch beyond our expectations. We also took the kayaks out and did some snorkeling from the point. Make sure you go during high tide. This place is also great if you just want to chill. Very laid back atmosphere with a staff there to support your every desire. Highly recommend this hotel for couples and families.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Buddy:

We appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that you had a great stay. With a spirit to serve, we take great pride in not only meeting, but exceeding your expectations.

Your feedback is integral to our ability to continue to improve our service.

Thank you again for your time and come visit us again soon!

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Just checked it. The hotel looks great.

The bell boy immediately lost the floatie of my 3 yr old. She can’t swim. He needs help to find the floatie. He has no idea where he lost it!

I was supposed to get upgraded as I have a gold Marriott rewards membership.

I was told I am getting upgraded to a junior suite by Alejandro and I get breakfast included. All of those room upgrades are part of being a gold member.

Walk into the room. It is the exact nesto suite I booked. Walk to check-in desk, they can’t upgrade me as there are no habitat rooms.

Ask to talk to manager. Andrea, the manager tells me there are no habitat rooms, so I can’t get upgraded as this is what an upgrade is from nesto suite - a habitat suite.

I check Expedia. There are 5 rooms, for $271. Wait! I paid $331 for a nesto suite, a level below the habitat room. Andrea continues to explain to me that I do not understand!

Seriously, what is there to understand! There are 5 rooms and she is lying there are no rooms.

Oh! She got it! Took her 5 min. Do I want to pay the lower rate of $271 and stay in my room! Oh! She did not get it! The habitat is $271, that is one level up from the room I am and she is offering me a deal to pay $271 for a room that is one level lower than what is being sold for $271. Or do I want a habitat room. She will get housekeeping to prepare a room! Still no room 1 hr later! I seriously do not care!

Seriously! Seriously!

-10 rating from me!

Go to the Lagarta Lodge in nosara and get the royal treatment.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Ivangelo2013
ConciergeEH, Guest Relations Manager at El Mangroove, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

Dear Mrs. Ivangelo:

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments!

As Marriott Rewards benefits you are entitled for room upgrade based on availability for Root Junior Deluxe. As appreciation being Gold Member we honored this upgrade to you and your family. Regarding the published rates, definitely there will be different offers for last minute deals versus advance reservations.

Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Costa Rica.

Best Regards