Hopkins Bay, a Muy'Ono Resort(Hopkins)
US$209
US$190
  • Pool
US$180
US$124
All Seasons Guest House(Hopkins)(Great Value!)
US$81
Coconut Row(Hopkins)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$109
US$104
US$190
The Funky Dodo Backpackers(Hopkins)(Great Value!)
US$40
All reviewscaptain larryswim up barcave tubingfishbelize citygolf cartzip lininghorseback ridingmayan ruinsbutterfly spaadventure deskguest servicesbug spraysittee riversand fliesrented a carsnorkel trip
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Jaguar Reef exceeded our expectations! It is a wonderful place for all ages and interests from honeymooners to families. The staff is unparalleled and left a huge impression on us! They were always eager to make sure we were getting the most out of our days in Belize. From accommodations to adventurous outings there was always someone to help. Ashley at the front desk is, as one of our travelers said, "the Queen of the Universe" and Patrick was an absolute delight in the restaurant, as were all of the servers. They were so flexible and willing to accommodate dietary needs or wants. Dennis "the Menace" and Captain Larry were favorites in our group, injecting our days with huge smiles, warm greetings, a willingness to do just about anything for you and Dennis's entertainment with his coconut tree climbing skills. The resort has everything you need to relax; kayaks, bicycles, paddle boards, clean and homey rooms, gorgeous grounds, hammocks, beautiful pools, lounge chairs with shade huts that light up at night, a pier with adirondack chairs, clean beaches they raked every morning, delicious food and more! The pace in Belize is very laid back so do leave your "fast service" attitude at home. Fresh food is prepared when ordered, not ahead of time. The food is divine and most everything we ate was locally sourced.

We did not pre-book our adventures and we were glad we did it that way because we could plan our outings based on how we felt every day. We were at Jaguar in June though so it was not that busy. If you plan on ANY inland activities bring OFF! Deep Woods. We opt for more natural products but I would have paid $100 for a can of anything that worked. Bring lots of sunscreen as both insect repellent and sunscreen are expensive to purchase in Belize.

Groceries are expensive also so I would highly suggest bringing snacks. We packed a whole bag full of bars, crackers and nuts and when empty we had room for souvenirs. Bring water bottles that will keep your water cold. Our room had a filtered water dispenser and it was awesome to be able to fill up all of our bottles when we went on outings. We brought enough clothes for half of the time and had Jaguar Reef do our laundry halfway through. It was only $5 per load.

We would DEFINITELY return to Jaguar Reef! It was quiet, peaceful, gorgeous and the staff accommodating, generous and kind.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This resort was amazing. From the decor to the friendly staff, it was a dream.

First, The food was AMAZING. Try the fry Jack! The food is so fresh and delicious. I miss it already.

Second, the staff is amazing. Shakira is awesome, Arry is so sweet, kaing who works at the restaurant is such a great guy. They are all so accommodating and friendly. They make you feel like you’re with family. “Dennis the menace” and “captain Larry” were people who worked with the staff, mainly the excursions, and they are the NICEST people.

Third, the rooms are to die for. So beautiful and carefully created. The only negative is that you have to make it known that you want your room cleaned or they won’t do it. I don’t know if it was same oversight or if it happens a lot. That’s literally the only negative thing I can think of.

We went to jaguar reef for our wedding. We did a destination wedding and my husband and I along with about 25-30 other guests stayed there.

It was pure bliss and we will definitely be back.

Thank you!!!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This place was amazing!! We booked this lodge with no expectations and were blown away when we arrived. The place is beautiful, with incredible rooms and immaculately kept grounds. They have kayaks and paddle boards if adventure is what you are seeking, along with long stretches of beaches lined with hammocks and lounge chairs if relaxing is in order. The swim up bar/ pool was a great place to drink and visit with new friends. The amazing excursions were just too numerous to fit in to one vacation, but the snorkeling and Mayflower Waterfall hike are a must.
All the staff were very friendly and accommodating, but a special shout out to Jose, Elwin, Justin and Dennis for making our stay that much more memorable. This will be our pick when we come back to Belize.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I thought I'd found a deal since the Trip Advisor price showed to be less than half of the regular price. In addition, the main photo showed a beautiful place with what appeared to be direct access to the beach. Maybe, I was unrealsitic, but what we got was a tired old room backed to a dirt road. To be fair, this "cottage" was large and had been very nice at one time. But, it is now long past needing renovating and the bathroom was a little creepy. I guess I wouldn't have been so disappointed had it not be for the come-on photo and the positive reviews, probably from people staying in the nicer units. Even the photo of the type of accomodation I got was not representative of the room. It must have been taken long ago. It's not hard to think that the unit we stayed in will be replaced with the newer units soon. As it was, I felt like the poor relative who is shuffled to the less desireable back bedroom.

The check-in was also less than ideal. I had to fill out a number of forms which just seemed too tedious after a long drive. I filled out more forms than I have ever had to fill out checking into any hotel, and I've been to a lot of hotels, even more than other hotels in Belize. Then there was the matter of the excessive deposit they required for a one night stay.

Surprisingly, hotels in Belize seemed expensive compared to hotels in other Cenral American countries I have visited. But, I doubt that Jaguar Reef ever gets the undiscounted rate they were advertising for that room, at least during that time of year. It's probably just a high price to allow a come-on reduction in price for a room that wasn't really worth even the discounted rate.

Stayed: April 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We didn't actually stay at the Jaguar, we stayed at another hotel down the beach, but our boat to Glovers Atoll was delayed a day due to weather, so we had some time to kill. We saw the boats, so we walked down the beach to ask if we could go out for a sail. The staff in the rental shop were very polite and helpful and acccomiated us, even though we were not guests! They radioed for the sail Capitan and we went and waited by the boats. Now, my boyfriend is a bit wild, and when he first mentioned a sail trip, I was a bit skeptical that I was going to make it back to shore from this. So when the sail Capitan came bouncing around the corner, excited and talking so fast with my boyfriend, they just fit each other perfectly and all I could do was laugh because I was going to drown with these two for sure. His name was Dennis the Menace!! He scaled up the mast to get the sail down so fast, like he had been climbing coconut trees his whole life, it was amazing! My reason for writing this review is to praise Dennis, because he sure made us laugh and have an amazing time! He was so entertaining and fun and talked a mile a minute.He taught us how to steer the boat, and ride with the waves and how to sit, everything. And told us funny stories the whole trip. I'd go back to Belize just to sail with Dennis again!

Stayed: June 2018