All reviewsdouble treemakan kitchenteddy bear museumaxis loungekids clubcalled earlierseparated roomscrabtree and evelynparking vouchershared hallwaynice upgrademinor setbackproper beachkids cornerreturn shuttlepublic areas arethe security guard
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Now I was here for business and as such I was very happy with the visit. Nice, clean big rooms. Good internet but the electrical sockets are UK/Malay type only and not multi-plug as it is in many business hotels.

Now this is a resort hotel, catering for families with children. There is a Kid’s Club, Teddy Bear Museum and a Kid’s pool.

The hotel is not on the beach and a proper beach is a good 10 minutes away with either bus or taxi. Nor is there much of a restaurant scene around, so once again you have to head out of the hotel unless you want eat there. The hotel do offer a very limited shuttle service to Georgetown and Batu Ferringhi.

I noticed the many remarks about the check in and I agree it seems to take a long time to complete the process. I had a conference call, I needed to attend and being a Diamond member, I received an expedited check-in. I am very grateful for this. The service in the hotel is outstanding. The people do their very best to make you feel welcome. A nice smile goes a long way and I guess that goes both ways between the staff and the guests.

Big breakfast buffet. Pretty much average for a hotel of this class. In this case average means it is good.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Reslimpan
DoubleTreePenang, General Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Dear Reslimpan,

Thank you for leaving us with a great review. I am pleased to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you were impressed with our breakfast spread at Makan Kitchen. I look forward to welcoming you back to DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Penang again soon.

Reviewed 14 July 2018

Restaurant staff seems so friendly&helpful ,Was out & got back after dinner & felt a slight headache. Sadly forgot to pack some panadol in my bag before coming to this island, its 9pm & my partner & I are so tired to head out again as the hotel is out of the way from any shopping mall or any convenient stall. The hotel shop is close doubt they sell panadol & the hotel gift shop is not open yet ( hotel is 7 months old )
So we had no choice but to head to the reception to ask for a panadol , I understand that they are not qualified to distribute & medicines & I totally understand that they wont take responsibility but what upsets me is the reception girl attitude of not caring, she simply just said basically they are not allowed to assist guest with this request & suggested that we go out of the hotel again ??, being in the service industry I am appalled at their response. Definitely change my mind about this hotel.
Ps please pack your basic headache pills

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
DoubleTreePenang, General Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2018

Dear Kimmy M,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review of your recent stay with us. Whilst I am happy to note that you were impressed with the service delivery shown by our team members at Makan Kitchen, I am disappointed to note that we have fallen short of your expectations in other areas. Kindly be assured that your remarks have been duly noted for future improvement. We look forward to welcoming you back to DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Penang with a better stay experience in future.

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

This is a lovely new hotel and although there were a few bugs these were sorted out quickly. The staff were amazing and friendly. We stayed in the one bedroom executive suit on the luxury escapes deal and it was great value. The food is excellent and Horsey on front desk was a a great help. Recommend using TME for all transport/tours a lovely friendly service you can book through the front desk. Also the life guards are just wonderful and keep a really close eye on the kids. Great value food and drink wise for a Hilton. Will be back. Thanks for an amazing family holiday Double Tree Penang!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear Brenda S,

Thank you for leaving us with a great review. I am pleased to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you were impressed with our dining offerings at Makan Kitchen. I look forward to welcoming you back to DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Penang again soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Nice ambiance hotel with great service and host by the front desk server mr Ben, the room are clean with nice view. All the facilities are complete, it make guess be like a home. The malam kitchen have serve the authentic local food with reasonable price.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JamesW7368

Dear James W,

Reviewed 11 July 2018

This hotel shouldn't be average for the brand that it is. The staff were pleasant (especially concierge and the Manager) but the service needs to be improved. I was made to wait in my room while they tried to fix a bad sewage problem (which clearly from the smell alone should have made them quickly find an alternative room - they upgraded me in the end, which was nice. That said, orders made through the phone were confused and at the end of the visit, they'd lost my itemised bills. The plus point was the views from my room and the genuinely nice people. It is either understaffed or staff is undertrained.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
DoubleTreePenang, General Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Dear SimoneRae,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review of your recent stay with us. Whilst I am happy to note that you were impressed with our team members' hospitality, I am disappointed to note that you have experienced a shortfall of expectations in terms of our service delivery. Kindly be assured that your remarks have been duly noted for future improvements and that we are currently training our team members for improvements. I look forward to welcoming you back to DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Penang again with better service delivery in future.