All reviews shared kitchen budget accommodation few minutes walk early check bus stop night market loi asia tv taxi
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at rasa motel not only because of the good location (close to the beach, lots of nice restaurants and streetfoods, night market, bus station) but also because the owners were very welcoming and friendly.
They gave us freshly baked bread which was delicious, selfmade springrolls and when we were talking about our trip to national park they stocked us with water and snacks.
The hotelroom was simple but cozy (we got an upgrade to a deluxe room for free), the shower was warm and powerful and the bed was comfortable. Also the aircondo worked well (altough a little loud).
All in all the motel was a perfect value for money and I can really recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dominik R
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Now 2.55am 3rd august. I reached penang(from kl) and drive straight to Rasa Motel.have called earlier asking for room availability Even we hv stayed last time for 5times.. when reach here, i choose deluxe room and i received key. Before that i asking d owner when i need to check out. He said today at 12pm.i just wondering i hv come over fr few times, when i check in late thy will charge extra and i will check out another day.but today he said he consider its 2august even d time 2.34am on 3rd august.if i check in today with rm70 per room, i need to check out by today 3rd august at 12pm. If i wanted to check out on 4th august i need to pay rm130.im too tired to argue when d owner keep telling us today 2nd of august even now 2.55am on 3rd august.. Dis not fair for me as me keep coming back here when i on my holiday. Today im very dissapointed and decided not to come here anymore

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Coco C
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

On arrival we were informed our room was upgraded and were given delicious freshly baked bread. The owners Loi and Chan are very welcoming, always cheerful and attentive. A useful source of local knowledge too.
The room was very clean, the bed was extremely comfortable and the shower was powerful and hot. The hotel is in a great location and we enjoyed the 20% discount at both the Zen Spa and Steamboat Restaurant in the plaza. Their is a bus stop directly outside. The Rasa Hotel is fantastic for the price. We checked out many hotels in B. Ferringhi and nothing else compares at this price. We ended up staying for 4 nights and will return if in Penang again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights and wished we could stay longer. The property is within a few minutes walk to the beach and all the night stalls. The bedrooms are ultra clean and had one of the comfiest beds we've slept in whilst being away 5 months in Asia. The property has a shared kitchen and free coffee and tea facilities. The main attraction to this place is the owners as they are the friendliest and most helpful people we've come across on our travels. Both mornings we were given breakfast as the owner decided to cook ( we did not pay for any breakfast in the price). On the first day we were given some homemade Chinese pastries which were some of the nicest pastries we've ever tasted and the second morning we were given homemade pancakes which were also great. The motel has only been taken over by the new owners 5 months ago and I'm sure they will be successful as they are so kind and take pride in their business. We will definitely stay again when we're back. Thanks again

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adewall2016
Reviewed 19 June 2017

I travelled a lot in Asia but never enjoyed a stay as much as I did at Rasa Motel.

The service is incredible good. The owners are wonderful people, treating their guests like family which creates a great atmosphere between all the people staying there. Can’t describe how good the service was...way better than I could expect.

The Hotel is super clean - I stayed a week and haven´t seen any cockroaches...had not even one mosquito in my room.

The location is perfect-quiet at night and close to beach, nightmarket, restaurants, etc.

Attention! Ignore the old reviews. The owners, management and philosophy of this Hotel changed; only the name remained the same. If you’re in Penang and you should definitely try this excellent Hotel.

Many thanks again to the owners! I had a great time and you couldn’t have made my stay more comfortable and enjoyable!!! Hope I´ll be back soon.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo