“Fresh produce!”

Ranked #9 of 33 Restaurants in Montagu
Price range: R 162 - R 251
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Olde worlde charm, with-it country fayre.A casual open-air venue of Kruis Farm.From 9 'o clock in the morning we serve breakfast, coffee & tea with fresh, farm-baked goodies. Or come and enjoy a light lunch on the stoep or in te garden. We only use natural & local ingredients in our cooking.
Reviewed 22 August 2021 via mobile

Large portions. Great service.

Fresh produce served to perfection. Best sirloin schnitzel I have ever had in my life!

Will return.

Date of visit: April 2021

Reviewed 21 September 2020

My wife and I always find time for lunch at Die Stal every time we visit Montagu. We find the food is always of a high standard, everything feels fresh, the tastes are delicious and the service is friendly.

Date of visit: September 2020
2  Thank 12rtm
Reviewed 7 June 2019

nice quiet setting with good food and nice goodies to buy and take home a memorabilia. Friendly down to earth staff that makes you feel welcome immediately.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 9 May 2019

Lovely venue, lovely atmosphere and great food! Situated in farming area outside Montagu. What more do you want?

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed 2 April 2019

I came across this restaurant on my way to Montagu. The setting is quite bucolic, a working farm, lovely gardens, cheerful flowers and pottery creatures up the stairs to the lovely verandah, a shop with a delectable array of jams and other country items, and a simple but very tempting menu.
I was wary of a large plate of food so ordered the home-made spring rolls which were good and was tempted by a tiny little cheesecake dessert which was divine. The service was friendly and attentive. I bought a few jars of jam.
Unfortunately, my rating is low because all of the above positive aspects and the lovely meal I had were marred by an owner who berated her waitress in the most disgusting way, regardless of the fact that I was metres away and could hear every word. And it wasn't a short and sweet berating either - it went on and on and on every time the poor young woman walked back inside the building she was met with more. And still she continued her work with a smile ... she must be used to it or she has a very thick skin, I certainly could not endure it and carry on smiling as if it was not happening. Shame on you for treating your staff like that!

Date of visit: March 2019