“Glad we met Mark from CTC”

Cycle the Cape - Day Tour
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Fish Hoek
More attraction details
Owner description: We have two self catering flatlets available at 245 Rand pp per night.Overlooking Fishhoek beach for beautiful day and night views, we are near to all the local restaurants and shops and also the train station for easy transport into Cape Town itself. Email us for further details!
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed in Simon's Town and wanted to Circle the Cape. Mark sent us some pictures of his bikes via WA helping us to decide which bike to choose. I took a Merida with clipless pedals, my Girlfriend took a, 27.5" wheel size, Giant. The next day he brought us the bikes to Simon's Town. The bikes were in a good shape and complied​ European standard. We had a wonderful, impressive day on the bikes at Cape Hope.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

I stayed in Simon's Town recently to see family and wanted a road bike to use every now and then for some rides around the Cape Peninsula. I found Cycle The Cape and Mark was extremely helpful. I rented a 56cm FELT aluminium frame with carbon forks and seat post with 10 speed Ultegra for 9 days. It was in good condition and perfect for the riding I was doing. I picked up from his Fish Hoek base but he would have been happy to deliver/pick up for a reasonable fee.
I'll definitely be calling the guys next time I'm in the Cape. It was a friendly, efficient and well priced service.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

I was limited with time so wanted to use my free day in Cape Town to cycle around Cape Point. I hired a bike from Mark, picking it up from his home in the morning and returning it the same day. It was really easy to arrange and Mark gave lots of useful tips on routes and places to stop. Certainly the best cycle ride I have ever had! I hope to come back with more time and do some of the fuller tours with cycle the cape.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

I am an avid cyclist and would highly recommend Mark if you wish to explore the Cape. We cycled 80 miles over some of the most stunning scenery available - I was extremely lucky with the weather (sunny and hardly any wind) given the time of year, but the views made it worthwhile. Mark knew exactly what route to take given my conversation with him regarding my cycling experience and what I wanted to achieve. The equipment is exactly what you would expect given the life it is going to lead - sturdy and reliable (don't go expecting carbon fibre bikes or dura ace groupsets as these are workhorses).
I would love to return and cycle more of the Cape, or even further afield if I had the time (unfortunately my schedule only permitted me 1 day to cycle this time). Mark was happy to ride at my pace (about 16mph), but could clearly have gone at a faster pace if required.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

I travel to Cape Town for Business and annually for a vacation. I have rented Bikes from Mark for years now and his services and advice are excellent. He is extremely accommodating always finding way to help us if we need another bike, deliver bikes or advice on where to ride. If you looking to hire a bike or take a cycle tour around the Cape I would not think twice to contact Mark from Cycle the Cape.