“Excellent tour of Cape”

Cycle the Cape - Day Tour
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Fish Hoek
More attraction details
Owner description: We have two self catering flatlets available at 245 Rand pp per night.Overlooking Fishhoek beach for beautiful day and night views, we are near to all the local restaurants and shops and also the train station for easy transport into Cape Town itself. Email us for further details!
Reviewed 29 August 2017

I am an avid cyclist and would highly recommend Mark if you wish to explore the Cape. We cycled 80 miles over some of the most stunning scenery available - I was extremely lucky with the weather (sunny and hardly any wind) given the time of year, but the views made it worthwhile. Mark knew exactly what route to take given my conversation with him regarding my cycling experience and what I wanted to achieve. The equipment is exactly what you would expect given the life it is going to lead - sturdy and reliable (don't go expecting carbon fibre bikes or dura ace groupsets as these are workhorses).
I would love to return and cycle more of the Cape, or even further afield if I had the time (unfortunately my schedule only permitted me 1 day to cycle this time). Mark was happy to ride at my pace (about 16mph), but could clearly have gone at a faster pace if required.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

I travel to Cape Town for Business and annually for a vacation. I have rented Bikes from Mark for years now and his services and advice are excellent. He is extremely accommodating always finding way to help us if we need another bike, deliver bikes or advice on where to ride. If you looking to hire a bike or take a cycle tour around the Cape I would not think twice to contact Mark from Cycle the Cape.

Reviewed 24 April 2017

I recently spent a month staying in Noordhoek for work and hired a car and a bike. The bike was from cyclethecape and was a great investment. Mark delivered and collected the bike to / from my house. It was in good condition and well set up with saddle bag, necessities for on-road repairs (not needed), pump and two water bottles (supplied filled and chilled). The new rear cassette required some adjustment to be made to the gearing, but I could solve this quickly by calling into a local bike shop with which Mark has an arrangement.

The cape peninsula is a superb location for road cycling, which smooth roads and jaw dropping scenery. If, for a you having a bike is a 'must have', then Mark can supply, with a prompt and personal service.

Reviewed 20 April 2017

I booked a customized tour with a friend and it has really been a fantastic experience. During 6 days (5 days of cycling) we could see all the major attractions on the route. The accommodations could not have been better and the lunch stops were well chosen.

Reviewed 2 April 2017

Well organised; lots of contact in the lead-up. Only downer was the bike not being as well set up as it could have been, but that was quite easily fixed.