“Excellent tour of Cape”

Cycle the Cape - Day Tour
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Fish Hoek
More attraction details
Owner description: Providers of Personalised Guided Cycling Tours for all ages and abilities. We have great ROAD and Mountain bikes to hire for this, along with a support vehicle/driver for comfort and safety if required. We cover the Peninsula, Wine Lands and West Coast daily and the famous Garden Route can be ridden on one of our longer multi day ROAD excursions. Daily hikes are also available on the popular Table Mountain, Lion's Head and Devil's Peak routes. We also know the trails and hikes less travelled if you want peace and quiet away from the maddening crowds either on the Peninsula or the Wine Lands too. Being a Tour operator, we have partners for accommodation in and around Cape Town and the Wine Lands along with Boat Based Whale Watching, Abseiling, Tandem Paragliding and of course our favourite local Wine Estates and their offerings. We have all the contacts nationally including our various partners in Kruger and Addo Nature Parks for all your safari requirements. Ask and we shall answer!
Reviewed 29 August 2017

I am an avid cyclist and would highly recommend Mark if you wish to explore the Cape. We cycled 80 miles over some of the most stunning scenery available - I was extremely lucky with the weather (sunny and hardly any wind) given the time of year, but the views made it worthwhile. Mark knew exactly what route to take given my conversation with him regarding my cycling experience and what I wanted to achieve. The equipment is exactly what you would expect given the life it is going to lead - sturdy and reliable (don't go expecting carbon fibre bikes or dura ace groupsets as these are workhorses).
I would love to return and cycle more of the Cape, or even further afield if I had the time (unfortunately my schedule only permitted me 1 day to cycle this time). Mark was happy to ride at my pace (about 16mph), but could clearly have gone at a faster pace if required.

All reviews
in 14 reviews
"accommodations"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 20 August 2017

I travel to Cape Town for Business and annually for a vacation. I have rented Bikes from Mark for years now and his services and advice are excellent. He is extremely accommodating always finding way to help us if we need another bike, deliver bikes or advice on where to ride. If you looking to hire a bike or take a cycle tour around the Cape I would not think twice to contact Mark from Cycle the Cape.

Reviewed 24 April 2017

I recently spent a month staying in Noordhoek for work and hired a car and a bike. The bike was from cyclethecape and was a great investment. Mark delivered and collected the bike to / from my house. It was in good condition and well set up with saddle bag, necessities for on-road repairs (not needed), pump and two water bottles (supplied filled and chilled). The new rear cassette required some adjustment to be made to the gearing, but I could solve this quickly by calling into a local bike shop with which Mark has an arrangement.

The cape peninsula is a superb location for road cycling, which smooth roads and jaw dropping scenery. If, for a you having a bike is a 'must have', then Mark can supply, with a prompt and personal service.

Reviewed 20 April 2017

I booked a customized tour with a friend and it has really been a fantastic experience. During 6 days (5 days of cycling) we could see all the major attractions on the route. The accommodations could not have been better and the lunch stops were well chosen.