“great tour around the Cape Peninsula and thru the Winelands”

Cycle the Cape - Day Tour
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Fish Hoek
More attraction details
Owner description: We have two self catering flatlets available at 245 Rand pp per night.Overlooking Fishhoek beach for beautiful day and night views, we are near to all the local restaurants and shops and also the train station for easy transport into Cape Town itself. Email us for further details!
Reviewed 20 April 2017

I booked a customized tour with a friend and it has really been a fantastic experience. During 6 days (5 days of cycling) we could see all the major attractions on the route. The accommodations could not have been better and the lunch stops were well chosen.

Reviewed 2 April 2017

Well organised; lots of contact in the lead-up. Only downer was the bike not being as well set up as it could have been, but that was quite easily fixed.

Reviewed 18 March 2017

Mark is an excellent guide who has an excellent knowledge of the area. The route he chose was superb, and gave me the opportunity to see all the best scenery on the peninsula. We stopped off to see the penguins at Simonstown and saw baboons, ostriches and a good variety of birds en route. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 3 March 2017

I booked this cycling tour very last minute as other local cycle hire shops failed to respond, Mark was the total opposite he responded straightaway which was fantastic.
After a few emails I had confirmed a long ride with cycle hire passing through all the areas that I really wanted to experience before the end of my South African holiday.
The group was only small, myself, Mark and one other rider also named Mark from Australia which was perfect, I was definitely the less experienced cyclist especially during the climbing but this didn't matter as Mark was on hand to help and guide me through the pain, If I was behind the pace Mark would ensure he either waited for me or cycled with me to push me through the pain barrier.
We cycled up and over Chapmans Peak twice which was such a fantastic experience through Houts Bay, Simons Town, past the Cape Point entrance, Scarborough then back to our starting point next to the 12 Apostle's Hotel, 100km in total with over 4000 feet of climbing.
Mark is not only a fantastic guide but also great company with a wealth of knowledge of the area and of cycling in general, we managed to stop off at 2 fantastic coffee and lunch spots which were well needed.
The day was everything I dreamt of and more and really cant wait to return to South Africa to ride this route again and I will definitely be using Mark as my guide and contact for cycle hire as it takes all the worry of planning a route and being out there alone.
If you are looking for a professional company for cycle hire and a really safe riding experience then Cycle The Cape really is the one.

Reviewed 18 February 2017

Mark provided a great experience from the first time we had contact until the end of the tour that he took me on. His follow up was excellent. He took me on an excellent bike tour of the Cape Peninsula area. He is very knowledgeable of the area and planned an excellent route for us.

Having Mark as a guide also helped me enjoy the ride and the scenery instead of worrying about planning the route. All I had to do was tell him what I wanted to do (ride far) and he took care of everything.

I highly recommend Mark!