“A Truly Fantastic Cycling Experience”

Cycle the Cape - Day Tour
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Fish Hoek
More attraction details
Owner description: We have two self catering flatlets available at 245 Rand pp per night.Overlooking Fishhoek beach for beautiful day and night views, we are near to all the local restaurants and shops and also the train station for easy transport into Cape Town itself. Email us for further details!
Reviewed 3 March 2017

I booked this cycling tour very last minute as other local cycle hire shops failed to respond, Mark was the total opposite he responded straightaway which was fantastic.
After a few emails I had confirmed a long ride with cycle hire passing through all the areas that I really wanted to experience before the end of my South African holiday.
The group was only small, myself, Mark and one other rider also named Mark from Australia which was perfect, I was definitely the less experienced cyclist especially during the climbing but this didn't matter as Mark was on hand to help and guide me through the pain, If I was behind the pace Mark would ensure he either waited for me or cycled with me to push me through the pain barrier.
We cycled up and over Chapmans Peak twice which was such a fantastic experience through Houts Bay, Simons Town, past the Cape Point entrance, Scarborough then back to our starting point next to the 12 Apostle's Hotel, 100km in total with over 4000 feet of climbing.
Mark is not only a fantastic guide but also great company with a wealth of knowledge of the area and of cycling in general, we managed to stop off at 2 fantastic coffee and lunch spots which were well needed.
The day was everything I dreamt of and more and really cant wait to return to South Africa to ride this route again and I will definitely be using Mark as my guide and contact for cycle hire as it takes all the worry of planning a route and being out there alone.
If you are looking for a professional company for cycle hire and a really safe riding experience then Cycle The Cape really is the one.

Reviewed 18 February 2017

Mark provided a great experience from the first time we had contact until the end of the tour that he took me on. His follow up was excellent. He took me on an excellent bike tour of the Cape Peninsula area. He is very knowledgeable of the area and planned an excellent route for us.

Having Mark as a guide also helped me enjoy the ride and the scenery instead of worrying about planning the route. All I had to do was tell him what I wanted to do (ride far) and he took care of everything.

I highly recommend Mark!

Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

Mark must be good....he got me up Chapman's Peak not once but twice!!! Conditions were hot and very windy, but I trusted his judgement and after a quick warm-up loop, a few jelly babies we were off to conquer Chappies!

Mark is an excellent leader who caters for all levels of ability. He's very safe and his local knowledge is impressive. Mark even helped us with planning our itinerary to a Game Lodge, Boutique Hotels & Wine Estates. Thank you so much for a wonderful experience, we will definitely be in touch with Mark & Gaynor on our return to SA!

Gilly & Richard x

Reviewed 24 January 2017 via mobile

Sitting on the couch in Holland we created the plan to cycle up to Chapmans peak. Living in an almost flat country and far away from Houtbaai an easy decision :) Just to be sure we have searched for a professional helping us out, Mark is the man for the job. We were impressed with is sense of planning, road safety and preparation, being on the spot at our guesthouse together with a few of his nice road bikes.

So off we went to Houtbaai, hmmm while tuning the corner at the Chapmans peak hotel we got a first glimpse of the road ahead. Mark noticed and kindly stated that we would first do a preparatory round in town before going up. In my mind it did not change the slope of the mountain but then again my muscles are getting warmed up so we followed Mark in downtown Houtbaai, the fishing area and harbor and got a nice view of the route ahead.

We turned and went of to tackle the Chappies as they called locally, it was exciting and in cases your heartbeat was over 170 we could stop under the nice excuse to take pictures of the beautiful scenery. Arriving at the top we drove down to Noordhoek for a coffee an huge carrot cake. Another of Marks secrets which he is sharing with his guests. Sitting down you figure out that you need to get back to the top, ok from the other side like the Argus is completing the experience. While we were getting somewhat tired Marked pulled us trough with great stories and motivational statements. Great !

Arriving back at Houtbaai, we could cross this off our bucket list. A great experience if you are in the Capetown area, more so we enthusiastically discussed the day in the local restaurant and some German tourist next to us got excited too, so Mark do your magic :)

Reviewed 13 January 2017

Awesome experience, the coastline is fab and the roads are perfect for road cycling. Mark knows the best routes and is full of facts about the surrounding areas.