Open today: 08:00 - 20:00
Review Highlights
Chapman’s peak ride a highlight of our trip to the Cape

We hired a few bikes and did two different 70k rides suggested by Mark. The cape peninsula and the... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Angela H
via mobile
Amazing tour of the Cape peninsula

In August 2018, I visited Cape Town and was interested in a longer road cycling tour of the area. I... read more

Reviewed 7 September 2018
cpchester
Washington DC, District of Columbia

All reviews road bike garden route fantastic ride port elizabeth great cycling cycle hire cycling experience skill level windy conditions chapmans peak drive simon's town south africa cyclists bikes cape stops driver
Reviewed 18 February 2017

Mark provided a great experience from the first time we had contact until the end of the tour that he took me on. His follow up was excellent. He took me on an excellent bike tour of the Cape Peninsula area. He is very knowledgeable of the area and planned an excellent route for us.

Having Mark as a guide also helped me enjoy the ride and the scenery instead of worrying about planning the route. All I had to do was tell him what I wanted to do (ride far) and he took care of everything.

I highly recommend Mark!

Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

Mark must be good....he got me up Chapman's Peak not once but twice!!! Conditions were hot and very windy, but I trusted his judgement and after a quick warm-up loop, a few jelly babies we were off to conquer Chappies!

Mark is an excellent leader who caters for all levels of ability. He's very safe and his local knowledge is impressive. Mark even helped us with planning our itinerary to a Game Lodge, Boutique Hotels & Wine Estates. Thank you so much for a wonderful experience, we will definitely be in touch with Mark & Gaynor on our return to SA!

Gilly & Richard x

Reviewed 24 January 2017 via mobile

Sitting on the couch in Holland we created the plan to cycle up to Chapmans peak. Living in an almost flat country and far away from Houtbaai an easy decision :) Just to be sure we have searched for a professional helping us out, Mark is the man for the job. We were impressed with is sense of planning, road safety and preparation, being on the spot at our guesthouse together with a few of his nice road bikes.

So off we went to Houtbaai, hmmm while tuning the corner at the Chapmans peak hotel we got a first glimpse of the road ahead. Mark noticed and kindly stated that we would first do a preparatory round in town before going up. In my mind it did not change the slope of the mountain but then again my muscles are getting warmed up so we followed Mark in downtown Houtbaai, the fishing area and harbor and got a nice view of the route ahead.

We turned and went of to tackle the Chappies as they called locally, it was exciting and in cases your heartbeat was over 170 we could stop under the nice excuse to take pictures of the beautiful scenery. Arriving at the top we drove down to Noordhoek for a coffee an huge carrot cake. Another of Marks secrets which he is sharing with his guests. Sitting down you figure out that you need to get back to the top, ok from the other side like the Argus is completing the experience. While we were getting somewhat tired Marked pulled us trough with great stories and motivational statements. Great !

Arriving back at Houtbaai, we could cross this off our bucket list. A great experience if you are in the Capetown area, more so we enthusiastically discussed the day in the local restaurant and some German tourist next to us got excited too, so Mark do your magic :)

Reviewed 13 January 2017

Awesome experience, the coastline is fab and the roads are perfect for road cycling. Mark knows the best routes and is full of facts about the surrounding areas.

Reviewed 13 January 2017 via mobile

Mark took me on two terrific cycle tours of the peninsula, both booked at late notice. I hadn't brought any kit, but Mark had shoes, pedals and everything else I needed. I was really impressed with Mark's route choices - we covered some of the best roads I've ever cycled on with minimal traffic and great consideration of wind, time and sites. I really enjoyed the 8 hours I spent with Mark - he's a fantastic tour guide and great cycling companion. I have no hesitation in recommending him.