“Amazing”
Review of Broadway 45

Broadway 45
Ranked #6 of 21 Restaurants in Kensington
Description: Country Gourmet dining in the heart of PEI. Located in Kensington, this beautiful property features local products artfully prepared at a variety of price points to suit every budget. Broadway 45 also features 12 taps with PEI's best selection of craft beers.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Can't say enough about this place. The beet salad was delicious. My husband had the club which was super filling and we shared together. Lots of craft beer selections. We will be back!

Ramona R, Owner at Broadway 45, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

So glad you had a great visit! We pride ourselves on having every craft brewery in PEI well represented at our taps.

We look forward to serving you again! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

I was expecting a nice relaxing evening and should have gone with my first instincts and left before we sat down. We stood at the door waiting for someone to seat us but there was not one person in sight. When he finally acknowledge us he said just sit where you want in the main dining area I am alone tonight?? When he finally took our orders the food took forever to come and people that came in after we did got their food before us. When our food finally came the 3 steaks were served and a club sandwich came out much later so most of the group was half done eating before my dinner was served. It took forever to get the bill and after being there for over 2 hours we were a bit annoyed by this point. The food was only fair, nothing special at all. Would not return to this restaurant.

Ramona R, Owner at Broadway 45, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello, thank you for making your concerns known to us. I would like to discuss this further with you if you would kindly call me at 902-439-6480 to discuss.

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

The advertised special appetizer was ok. I found it a little dry partner said it was maybe a tiny bit. The Caesar salad was very lemony not the best I’ve ever had but ok. The creamy lobster starter was very rich and very tasty we both loved it. The first app we ordered was Hawaiian meatballs and we were advised they were all out. Major disappointment . I had the speciality burger and the meat patty was way over cooked and the bun was too large for the patty. My girlfriend had the chicken dish and it was very salty. All in all a below average experience. But very nice looking restaurant maybe one day they will let the food catch up.

Ramona R, Owner at Broadway 45, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Thank you for spending some of your vacation with us and we hope you will dine with us again when you are back on PEI. I am glad you loved the creamy lobster starter and we look forward to serving you more winners on your next visit.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Family birthday celebration at Broadway 45. Great atmosphere, excellent service and the meal was very good!

Ramona R, Owner at Broadway 45, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

So glad you had a good evening with us - we love celebrations at Broadway 45! Thank you for taking the time to comment,

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

First time checking out this place. The owners obviously spent a lot on the decor and building. Too bad they didn’t pay more attention to the food. We tried the burgerlove, beet salad and lobster ragout. Everything was pretty bland. The burger sounded delicious but after taking a few bites everyone agreed the burgers we got tasted like nothing. The salad was just ok, again just very bland. Very heavy on the dressing. The lobster had a very bad “fishy” smell, tasted ok but again... very bland. The greens it was served with came with nothing, not even a vinaigrette. It was also filled with lobster shells, at least 4 pieces we picked out. A note about the atmosphere. Perhaps try reducing the lighting and placing some candles on the tables, wasn’t much of an “ambience”, especially because it’s such a nice building. Some music would be nice also. It all makes for an awkward dinning experience (bright and quiet).
I usually will give a place at least two visits but it will be awhile before i return.

Good luck Broadway45!

Ramona R, Owner at Broadway 45, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hi there, I am sorry we did not meet your expectations and I will be following up to see what went awry. Ordinarily we have mood lighting and lots of music playing. We have had wonderful reviews on the burger, especially on Facebook, but obviously something went wrong during your visit. We certainly hope to see you again! I am positive you will have a much different experience.