“monopoly”

Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Reviewed 28 June 2018

This sushi place "is" the only place in town...so it holds the monopoly on the situation...no competition means u can basically do what u want and patrons take it or leave it. But to be more specific i would like to say the food is tasty...it is just way too expensive for the portions u receive. Go to Westbank..Kelowna...Penticton and u will find larger portions for the same price if not a bit more reasonable. Loving sushi i am almost forced to keep coming back to the only place in town. And don't get me wrong, I am a big supporter of local businesses, but when I order the same meal in S'land that i would eat out of town, I leave the establishment not full, I see the rolls so much smaller than out of town places. I wish another place would open up to cut these folks down to size and not take advantage of being the only place in town so u can soak it to the customers.

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Sushi was good. Ordered the seaweed salad, the spicy crunchy roll, just delicious roll and some chopped scallop gunkan sushi pieces. But the service.... needs a bit of work.

Our waitress ended up minding the front cash register. A couple who came in just after us had finished eating and we hadn’t even received our seaweed salad. We waited half an hour and had to wave down a waitress to ask where our dinner was. It arrived quickly after we ask. It seemed like our dinner was ready to be served - just no one thought to serve it to us. And had to ask a second time for our gunkan pieces. We felt like we were forgotten.

Couple/families that arrived after we did got prompt food service. Food arrived quickly for them.

So it must have been just us... disappointing.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Went for dinner,had no reservation but we were totally welcomed.
Was very snowy evening and the place was buzzing!
My son and I both love sushi.They offer a variety.
The food was excellent.

Reviewed 2 March 2018

Late Lunch after the hockey game. Four of us ordered a variety of rolls, tempura, miso soups, tempura and Gyoza. Good stuff. I particularly likes the pork gyoza and shrimp tempura. Same price as everywhere else. I will return.

Reviewed 1 March 2018

This place does not disappoint us ever :) Really enjoy the yam rolls, teriyaki beef rolls, & tempura.