See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 December 2018

Had the misfortune to stay the night here. We arrived late after we couldn't find a Casa with a vacant room. The room was a chalet, with 3 double beds in it. Very dated. The staff never smiled and weren't very friendly. Unusual for Cuba. We asked about a restaurant and we were directed down the road to a buffet. his was expensive and cold and there was very little food left. We didn't realise this until we had paid. The breakfast wasn't any better.
We thought we may go for a swim in the pool in the morning, until we saw it in daylight. There was green algae on the bottom. The worst place we stayed in Cuba.

Date of stay: November 2018
Reviewed 21 August 2018

During the months July and August, the area around the pool is transformed in a open air disco with loud music and loads of drinking locals starting at 9 AM till 7 PM. At the end of every day, the pool area is so filthy with beer cans, food, glass rum bottles and spoiled drinks that you hardly can pass. Not to tell you how the color of the pool is after these daily events. (see attached photo's).
Hotel staff looks at it and accepts it.
The rooms are on a hill, so not accesible by wheelchair. They are old and not so clean. We hardly had some water in the bathroom. The bed of our son was as hard as stone, so he slept in our bed.
The place is located in a fantastic environment and garden, so without the noise and with some renovation it would be a great and unique place.
The restaurant is in the front, the food is ok but not great. Service by some people is bad and unfriendly. Best thing is to have is the a la carte menu, the buffet is expensive and not worth its money. The breakfast is ok, although the juices are more diluted water with a fruit taste. The chef was also asking money for baking eggs and pancakes, never see before. I understand that tipping is allowed, but never saw they ask money.
The place doesn't accept credit cards!

Room tip: As far as possible from the pool (like 35, 34, 33 or 32)
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2018

We stayed here for two nights and only the Location of the hotelis nice. The Bungalows are old, dirty and in no good shape. No water over the day in the bathroom. The Service is not very friendly and always asking for a tip and the Food is terrible.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank StefanBa79
Reviewed 25 March 2018

I have very positive experience of one night staying in this resort. A perfect position in the middle of the tropical greenery. In the center of the resort consisting of many individual bungalows there is a spacious pool. At the time of my stay (february) there were not many guests, so it was nice and silent place for vacation. The accomodation was comfortable, the bathroom was small, old but clean. I slept great.
Breakfast was solid: ham, cheesee, freshly squeezed juices and eggs bar. Coffee was very bad.
Next to Resort there is a nice Orchard garden worth a visit.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank zelka
Reviewed 14 March 2018

Soroa is a week spot for me, it reminds me of my family trips while I was a kid and lived in cuba. I do go and visit often for this reason. Unless you like Eco-tourism, I wouldn't recommend you staying overnight, is very rustic; something I love about Cuba's eco-tourism.
It is a good place to go visit, the Falls are amazing, whenever the river is not dried. and the hanging around the pool smoking cuban cigars and drinking Havana Club is unmatched.

Date of stay: September 2017