“Great home cooked food ! Lovely staff”
Review of The Australia

The Australia
Ranked #3 of 68 Restaurants in Porthmadog
Cuisines: British, Pub
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Called in for lunch with my mum . Had the burger and delicious home made chips and my mum had the fish and chips ! Pint of Snowdonia ale to accompany - a proper good meal ! Staff were very friendly and attentive ! Will definitely come again!

1  Thank Sgj666

Reviewed 24 June 2018

This is one of the best bars and restaurant we have been in for quite a while. The staff are excellent with a great choice of drinks. the Food is excellent and very reasonably priced.
However there was one issue. It is too small for the amount of people who want to eat. We arrived luckily just about 5.30 when food was being served however there were so many people coming in looking for a table and being disappointed. So "The Australian" your too good YOU NEED TO EXPAND.
One other thing the beer garden is not what you may consider somewhere to spend too much time.
I hope this is seen as helpful not negative for I thought this is an excellent place.

3  Thank tonygO5962IK
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Went here a couple of times while in the area. Really nice pub. Recommend the addlestones cloudy cider. Only thing I would say there is not enough tables and chairs. Think the pub would benefit with a few more tables and chairs for two and four people as a lot of people were struggling to get a table. All the staff were really nice and efficient. The food is superb. Will go again when in the area.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Well, the one thing that is not so good about this pub- is that it's too small for all the people wanting to use it! We were on holiday (after a 2-year absence) - so it was nice to have this place recommended - and a good recommendation too. We went in early on both days we ate there (having been ignored at The Ship across the way), so we could have a drink to cool down before ordering food. It was all freshly cooked - some good pies, lasagna and ribs - with nice crispy chips or new potatoes, etc. Too much for me to eat - although my husband finished everything off... shame about trying to get a taxi back to our B&B - although that's nowt to do with the Australia (NOT Australian!) - which was fine by us. When next in Porthmadog, we will return.

2  Thank Mason00000000000000
Reviewed 20 June 2018

Great modern pub serving excellent meals and different beers. Very popular, we were, I think, extremely lucky to have got the last available table otherwise we would have had to eat elsewhere

1  Thank moonshines