See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 December 2016 via mobile

Well, the B&B description doesn't lie. There is, indeed, a 40 stairs flight awaiting you before you arrive but let not this scare you as you will be rewarded. Antonio, the owner, obviously knows Modica from top to bottom and will give you all the guidance you need to see the jewels of his town. He also knows a fair amount of restaurants as he was able to secure a last minute table for us on ....December 24th..
The room (#4) we had was spacious and yes, it had an impressive view over the town and a small balcony (#3 and #5 too).
Breakfast was ok and to be honest the only negative was a strong sewer smell in the bathroom.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alain G
Reviewed 21 September 2016

The owner of the hotel was really nice and very accommodating. I made an error in my reservation and he showed us all the available rooms in the hotel and gave us the prices so we could choose what we wanted best. The rooms were clean and utilitarian. He gave us great recommendations for dinner and places to see in town. The breakfast was pretty standard fare (a few unremarkable pastries, yogurt, cereal, fruit, and fruit juices). There is only street parking on the main street.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2015 via mobile

Lovely hotel, great views of a beautiful town, and a very cordial and welcoming proprietor. But - be prepared for some serious cardio workouts. From street level to the hotel entrance you need to hike up about 90 steps. And most of the rooms are higher still. Pack light!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank roscoeRoot
Reviewed 7 October 2015

Hotel is located conveniently on the main street in town and our room had a small balcony with a very nice view of the upper part of town. The GPS does not locate this hotel well so you have to pay attention to the instructions the hotel gives you and look for the bank (it's towards the end of the main street). There are a decent amount of stairs up to the main office. The manager was very nice and his English is great. Clean room with a nice big bathroom. I would highly recommend!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2015

The owner, Antonio, was so friendly and accommodating and fluent in English. My first morning, I slept through breakfast after a long travel night, and he had saved food for me when I emerged. He also personally phoned Alitalia multiple times for me and arranged delivery of a lost suitcase. He was very helpful in directing us to locations, creating delicious breakfasts, and make sure our room was clean and comfortable. Our room was very spacious and quiet, with a great view, and we were close to everything. Be warned, though, that there are many steps to the entrance, so do not stay here if you have any mobility issues.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple