“A dinner performance in Liguria (with sticky notes)”
Review of Assirto

Assirto
Ranked #2 of 52 Restaurants in Moneglia
Dining options: After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I read the article written about the restaurant and I knew that we had to try it on our first full day of our italian trip. I spoke to the owner, Luca, by phone before we left the states to ensure we could get a table. When we arrived, he and his wife, Allessandra, greeted and seated us at a table (with our surname written on a sticky note). The decor is really cool, lots of full wine bottles scattered on our table, books, pictures of their children, olive oil, jars of peppers, and a whole wall full of used sticky notes. I had anchovy filets with a tasty breaded crust and my wife had crispy squid for appetizers. They gave us a bowl of traditional Ligurian fish stew made with the air bladder of a cod fish and veggies. A little chewy, but you only live once. For the main course I had what was described in the forbes article- secreto, the very special cut of pork from the belly of acorn fed pigs in Spain. Wow! incredibly good: nutty, crispy, sweet, salty, and with a hint of BBQ flavor. My wife had a shellfish bouillabaisse style dish with prawns, mussels, and gnocchi. The wine was an Altavia "rosarosae" which went beautifully with the fish and pork. A place not to be missed

Reviewed 19 September 2017

The Assirto restaurant has existed for many years, and it is possible to dine in the old hall, where the restaurant was born.
A unique table for 8 people, however, in a totally different environment than we are accustomed to.
In the menu, still the first dish of the restaurant, which I wanted to try and enjoyed.
The price is not cheap, though, fair.
It's worth the experience and the owner's tips always help.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

With all its 5star reviews you must think I am one of those moaning people who are never happy with anything.
Well most of my reviews are 4 or 5 as I tend to visit places with 4or 5 TripAdvisor scores and find I agree.
However here I must differ.
The tables are set with bottles of wine when you arrive, mmm odd you think?
Then you are told there is no menu but the waiter will describe each starter and you choose , now yes now hurry up what do you want. Same for the main. Wine?? You get another guy with a wine story then you buy it. If you ask for just a glass he says only the Rose that he was pushing is by the glass mmm odd?
Starters €14 , mains €18 wine €20+.
Cover charge €6 for two people water €3
It all adds up to rather a lot.
Food is good not great but good. Portion size requires at least 2 courses to be purchased.
The "acorn fed pork" is just a cheap cut of shoulder (200g) in a hoisin based sauce tender and tasty but double the price it should be. Why such a sauce on special acorn fed pork, surely its own flavour would be enough? Mmm odd?
If you want to spend €50 each on a meal worth €25 this place is for you. But remember you need to feel honoured to be given a chance to dine with them.

Reviewed 2 September 2017

Visited the restaurant twice during our stay in Moneglia - first time to do the tasting menu and then returned to eat a la carte. The tasting menu is amazing and highly recommend for a different dining experience in Moneglia. Luca the owner, and his wife give each guest a highly personal experience, explaining each dish and matching with the right wine. Highlights were the pork (wow!), the quail and the seafood stew.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

Most friendly service, good food, fantastic wine! Nice choice of starters, main courses and deserts. The chef can tell you everything about his food and the wines... you can see he and his wife love doing what they do there. Nice and cozy place not like most other restaurants. A very special experience not to miss!