“Evening meal”

Ranked #12 of 86 Restaurants in Malia
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a lovely setting. In the garden. The In house was packed , but love eating outside, typically Greek. ,food was really good. The staff were nice and very attentive.

Manolis A, Ιδιοκτήτης at San Giorgio Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thanks a lot Everton777 for your review, we appreciate a lot.
we are happy that your experience in our place was nice
with the pleasure to see you again
The Team of San Giorgio

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Best restaurant in malia. I have been coming here almost 20 years and never had s bad experience. Authentic quality Greek and cretan food. Lovely kleftico (my favourite)
This is such a very special place especially in the evening when it really comes alive.
A massive thank you to all the amazing staff who work incredibly hard over the season.i highly recommend, I have been to this restaurant 70-80 times and look forward to every visit.Simply a must place to come.

1  Thank Gary H
Manolis A, Ιδιοκτήτης at San Giorgio Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Gary
Thanks again for your new review.
With the pleasure to see you again

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Specially restaurant in the hart of Malia old Village ,
I ate beef steak perfectly cooked an delicious my girlfriend spaghetti
All were excellent

Dear Aimilios K
We would like to thank you for your review about your experience in our restaurant.
with the pleasure to see you again

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Having visited this the San Giorgio many times over the years. I was amazed that someone could say that the food is microwaved. Did they not look into the kitchen or even looked on FB at the videos of the food being prepared? Having read that recent review, of micro food and the worst meal in Malia, I wonder what had gone wrong. Thank fully nothing, having visited the Greek Islands many times over the years. We visited June 2018 on our first evening of this stay in Malia. I had a flower courgette, followed by a fantastic Kleftiko, with all the ingredients one would expect in a proper Greek Restaurant. My wife had fetta from the oven followed by an excellent pork lion in source just cooked to perfection. I do not understand anyone who could possibly complain about this place it is typical Greece. Busy as the biggest restaurant in the Old Town of Malia yet laid back friendly and excellent food and drink with fantastic staff, if you have something you would like ask Manos or Kristos and all the staff will help. If you are not happy do not sit there and complain later on Tripadvisor, again, explain your concerns to the staff or ask for Manos or Kristos. The food is excellent well-presented, generous portions, value for money and the dry white wine is also very good all of the Greek dishes are the best you can get in the Old Town and the fish very good, also as I say ask if you would like something a little different. Once again Thank you Manos, Kristos and all the staff see you all very soon. This restaurant is a must for any visitor to Old Town Malia

Many Many thanks RicRicardo for your very good comment about your long experience in our restaurant.
It is always a real and great pleasure to welcome you and your lovely wife. You are both a part of the San Giorgio family now. As you know we give our best every night all the season and to have guests like you who come since so many years and still trust us is the best rewards for us.
Many many greetings and see you again and again
Manos, Christos and the whole team of San Giorgio.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We visited this restaurant last night. The staff were very welcoming and the restaurant is lovely. My partner and I had a bottle of rose wine , I can't remember the name (it was €19) and it was really nice! To start I had the oven baked feta which was delicious! And my partner had the onion soup which he really enjoyed.
For a main dish he had stifado and I had another of the Greek dishes. I don't remember what the fish was called but it consisted of lamb, potatoes , feta and peppers! It was lovely, full of flavour and a good sized portion!

Manolis A, Ιδιοκτήτης at San Giorgio Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks you so much dear Michelle. We re glad to read that you had a great experience with us.
with the pleasure to see you again.
we wish you a nice summer